Not knowing ...

Options
I think the worse thing is not knowing that you are eating a bunch of calories until you do the food tracker.

It is like shocking and saddening ... I feel tricked :(

Replies

• retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I try, if possible, to log in my meals before I plan to eat so I can adjust as needed. I realize that's not always possible so if something I eat is "shocking", the next meal is planned accordingly.
  • wahmomusa
    wahmomusa Posts: 11
    Options
    I appreciate the advice :) Thank you.
  • ameliaannakin
    ameliaannakin Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I log everything before I eat it. I actually usually log two to three days in advance so I can plan my entire day. It really helps me to stay organised and stay within my calorie goal!

Ax
  • sempifi99
    Options
    I have the exact same problem. I end up going to the gym for hours some days trying to make the calorie count. I like the idea of planing days out and might try doing that for my lunch tomorrow. Does it let you enter information early?
  • Melo1966
    Melo1966 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Yes you can enter food early. I know what everything is before it goes in my mouth. By the end of the day I play around with calories that are left and what macros I need to decide what is for dinner.
  • daniellemm1
    daniellemm1 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I put my meals in prior to eating them and usually prior to exercising. It gives me a better idea of where I stand and if I have to do a little extra exercise because of a higher calorie meal.
  • barb1241
    barb1241 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Not only does it help planning in advance so you know what you can eat-in my case it often helps me NOt to stop at the fast food places on the way home from a really wicked hike or bicycle ride. I know there is something good tasting and good for me right at home so I can wait the extra few minutes. When I don't plan ahead at all-I get derailed so much more easily. And I *almost* never eat anything if I don't know the calories before it hits my face! (Except for the Chinese buffet-but that's another whole topic :laugh: )
  • SA747
    SA747 Posts: 5
    Options
    I plan out my meals during the week by taking all of my food for the work day (breakfast, lunch and snacks) with the total calorie count established. That way I know what I need to do in the evening. I also plan out evening meals 1 week in advance. I try to eat something every 2 hours or so throughout the day so that I'm not starving at night. I also plan out snacks at night. I use fruits (apples, oranges and bananas) between items with protein, fiber and fats. I try to balance my intake every day. Most importantly, I now have the information I need (thanks to MFP) so that I can plan for that night out without guilt.
  • lambchoplewis
    Options
    I weigh in every morning, put my food and exercise into MFP for the day. I follow this and if I eat anything else, I put it in MFP. It amazes me how fast calories add up!!!! Weighing myself keeps me from putting things in my mouth because I know the scale will tell me the next day.
  • wahmomusa
    wahmomusa Posts: 11
    Options
    You all are so awesome!!! Thank you for responding :)

I really do need to start planning because I have not eaten that kind of food in so long that I literally crashed.

I took a nap and feel better, but I felt so horrible like I had a huge dose of MSG.