Health issues getting worse, need motivation to get back on

Options
Well, if I thought my health couldn't get worse than before, I was wrong.

My lupus apparently has become bad enough to affect my kidney function and he said I had a "mild case" of pericarditis. Like anything with the heart should ever be called minor! :frown: So now he added Plaquenil and increased my steroid (not good for weight loss) and Arthrotec. This now brings my medication list to 16 different meds a day. Which, well, sucks.

Now, to add insult to injury, I have very early stages of uterine cancer. It was caught very early, which is good, but I'm going to have to have surgery, which of course, will put me out of commission for a while.

We have also spent the last 2 wks moving.

Needless to say, the stress level has been through the roof, and I've been eating like a crazy person, because of course, I'm a stress eater.

Thanks for the vent, guys, but I'm hoping that I can at least find some better coping strategies/bring my eating back under control.

Replies

• danielle4992
    danielle4992 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Offering prayers and support... add me as a friend if you want ! I'll try to be a good motivator!
  • baggins706
    baggins706 Posts: 310
    Options
    same here nothing but prayer and support on my behalf as well...if you're lookin for your biggest cheerleader I'm that gal. :flowerforyou:
    Offering prayers and support... add me as a friend if you want ! I'll try to be a good motivator!
  • NYIceQueen
    NYIceQueen Posts: 1,423
    Options
    I added both of you :smile: Thank you so much....

Right now I'm just taking small steps at a time. I'm hoping that once I get meds balanced out I can at least go walking with the baby. Right now I can't go too far without having to stop.
  • MelL1205
    MelL1205 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Hey. Well, I have lupus and type I diabetes, and the combination of these 2 has started to affect my kidneys as well. I am on the list for a transplant, but thankfully I do not need dialysis quite yet. You have a heart problem; I have a lung problem. The tissues around my lungs are always inflamed, so I feel like there's a raging fire in my chest 24/7, which also affects my breathing. So, to some extent, I can empathize with your struggle. I am sorry to hear about the cancer, but I am grateful it was caught early. My mother is battling stage4 cancer now, so I am utterly thankful you will not have to endure that. All I have to say is keep on chugging; my thoughts are with you. I added you as a friend. :-)
  • NYIceQueen
    NYIceQueen Posts: 1,423
    Options
    Wow....so sorry to hear about your mom. And thank you for the encouragement....yes our issues are slightly different, but we're both dealing with the lupus, so that's something "good" to talk about. I feel soooo drained, you know? I just started losing my hair again and it's almost like the final insult, like how much more can I take? There are times my husband's got to practically carry me up the stairs from how tired I am...how the h3ll am I supposed to work out??

*sigh* but you're right...just need to truck along and just hope for the best, right?