Rest days on 30 day shred?

Options
2»

Replies

• pannellkat
    pannellkat Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    from what I have read you are suppose to do it for 30 days straight, 10 days each level which is what I'm going to try to do BUT I'm only on day 2 so we'll see if I feel like I have to take a break or not, I hurt now so we'll see.. I'm also using my elliptical every day so either way I will exercise.

I am on day 2 as well. I plan on doing it everyday, will take a break if I truly feel like I absolutely need it. Arms and legs sore but I think I need to incorporate more stretching than her video shows. I also do couch to 5k 3 days a week on top of the shred plus my regular routine with weights and elliptical at the gym. Ugh. The pain of beauty!
  • danielleburwell97060
    Options
    Take a rest! I did 2 days and I hurt so bad I couldn't do it. One day after my rest I felt better enough to go back!
  • carfamily08
    carfamily08 Posts: 179
    Options
    Absolutely! I tried to do 30 straight when I did it last fall. Made it 14 days in and hurt my back and it's been a recurring injury since. I added in rest days as I needed them and finished in 39 days. Listen to your body, it's not a race :)
  • michellelemorgan
    michellelemorgan Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    From what I understand you should also know that it's never good to work the same muscle groups two days in a row. I do the shred one day at level 1, one day at level 2, one day at level 3 and back to level 1 the next day. I also incorporate it with killer buns and thighs... which is really hard and I run 5 or 6 days a week as well. Good luck!
  • Ashwee87
    Ashwee87 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    I am not resting. I had one day off only because I was out of town all day and got home late and was just tired. But I have been doing it everyday. I feel better doing it everyday. I think even after I finish "30 days" worth, I am going to keep going with her videos, which I found she has quite a few. I feel great after working out and I want to keep that feeling. :)
  • ohyousillygirl
    ohyousillygirl Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I take a rest day every 5 days.
  • Ebelina07
    Ebelina07 Posts: 32
    Options
    OMG!!! i tot there were NO rest days. i've been kicking myself in the butt. i am starting level 3 tomorrow. however i noticed when i attempted it at 1st (this is my 2nd attempt) i decided to rest after day 9. but the 1day rest turned out to be 2 days which turned out to 7days and i never went back to it until my 2nd attempt. so i decided to kick myself in the butt this time so no rest days for me as regards 30DS. moreover if you promise yourself you would go back to it and not procrastinate all well and good. another advice is not to do it alone. have people on MFP or in youur neighborhood work out with you.
  • tunagirl35
    Options
    Yay! Thank you for all the help!! I don't feel guilty now! :)