5"6 lost 20lbs?

Options
Hey there! I'm a teenage female, I'm 5"6 and I currently weigh 142lbs. I just started a new diet today and I'm hoping to weigh 125lbs by the end of summer.

Does anyone have any success stories/pictures that would mimic the type of weightloss I'm going for? I'd really like to see the kind of difference that I should expect.

Thanks!

Replies

• CHCotton
    CHCotton Posts: 10
    Options
    I'd be interested too as I'm 5'5 and weigh about 147 and would like to weigh 130 by the end of summer!
  • n0shitsherl0ck
    Options
    I'm not 5'6 or have gotten to that size (just yet) but I advise you to not to expect to see the exact same changes as the women who will post their pics - everyone changes differently and loses weight in different places etc. - just a heads up! good luck on your weight loss journey! :)
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    Photographic height/weight chart. Not before and afters, but different people of different heights and weights:

http://www.cockeyed.com/photos/bodies/heightweight.html
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    i am a little shorter than you, 5'4". a little over a year now, and i am down from 127 to 102ish. exercise and not eating a crap ton of food. and patience.
  • wassergottin
    wassergottin Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I'm 5'6" and I've lost about about 7 lbs. I was at 144 lbs and I'm currently at 137 lbs. It's doable, but slow going because we're in our healthy weight range already. My goal weight is also 125 lbs.
  • GamerLady
    GamerLady Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6 and when I started out several years ago to lose some weight ( I was at 156 or 158 I forget, now I'm at 118)I started out with 1300- 1400 calories a day, doing 30 day shred/elliptical too, then P90/P90x, then after I lost all I wanted I started to tone up with weights. Make sure you measure yourself before you start and take pics so you have comparisons, I wish I had.

Since you're a teen I wouldn't suggest you do anything extreme that see on the forums. Do NOT go below 1200 calories a day it's just nuts and it's not healthy for you. Best to lose it slower than too fast and your health suffer.
  • Loopy_1980
    Loopy_1980 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm about 5"6 and have lost 27lbs. I don't have any before and after pics, but if you look at the pictures on my profile, there is a weight loss chart. I weigh everyday and log it. I started weighing myself a few months before joining here... You can see on it when I signed up! It levels off for a while when I hit my original goal weight and then I lost a bit more... Then Christmas happened! Lol :)
  • tlbwillbefit
    tlbwillbefit Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am also 5'6" and unfortunately I have been going through the yearly ritual of gaining about 10-20 lbs between October and January, and usually getting to my goal weight of NTE 130 (so in the 125-130 range) by summer, the older I have gotten, the worse it is. It is really really tough to lose the weight, but I always manage. The best thing that works for me is 1) working out almost every day. 2) My diet basically follows South Beach Phase 1.5 (I avoid all breads, starches, fruits, pastas, potatoes, etc) but on rare occasion a low-sugar adult beverage, and I do eat tomatoes, beans, lentils, etc regularly and some cheeses. Eating lots of veggies and lean proteins. 3) I grocery shop and cook a lot, a lot of veggie dishes, a lot of soups, fancy salads, always having healthy dishes I enjoy that are ready to eat. This takes a lot of effort, but if I don't do this, I see how quickly I make bad choices, and then go downhill, and derail my success.

I know I will do this again. I have hit a plateau, and I am struggling, but I am motivated to get into my summer clothes.

I need to get better at maintenance. This fall I will keep doing what I am doing now, tracking everything, weighing myself more often, to do a better job of maintaining my weight. I will allow myself to gain ONLY 5 lbs over the holidays (got to have a little fun!), and start back on weight loss plan by Dec 26.

I never buy new clothes when I am at my heavier weight. I do have some old/dated heavier sized clothes, and I keep those in a bin, and force myself to wear those until I fit into my regular size
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!