Any tall (5'9" or around) who needs to lose 15 lbs

Options
I exercise 5 days a week ( cardio only at the moment).
What is your calorie intake?? Are you having problems losing this amount???

Replies

• cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    5'9", currently 132-133 lbs, so not much left to lose (aiming for reducing BF% now, I've never been this low in my adult life so can't really say what my goal weight is any more). For the last three weeks I was eating 1800/day (gross, no eating exercise back) and lost 3.5 lbs (more than I wanted in that short time frame so have upped my cals to 2000/day this week).

Workouts right now are: 3x/week full-body lifting (about 30 minutes), 2x/week of 15-20 minute HIIT cardio and 15-20 minute core, 1x jog (30-50 minutes). One rest day/week.

Seems to be working so far! I constantly revise my intake based on how I'm feeling and my rate of loss...I've done nothing but increase my calories all year, and have also increased my protein and fat goals to about 25% each.
  • Jonesie1984
    Jonesie1984 Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'7 1/2 currently eating 1800 cals/day (since this week). I was eating 1900 cals daily but readjusted because I wasn't having steady losses.. BF reduction and physique improvements are my focus. I've lost 9# so far looking to lose approx 10 more as appropriate to reach aesthetics.

Edited because I forgot to put my weight: 158 as of this morning.
  • Chrissysftns
    Chrissysftns Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9. 178ish.

I work out 5-6 days a week.
    Cardio and strength training.

Am I having trouble losing weight??? Ummmm YES! lol
    On the scale, the numbers fluctuate..weekly! I have gone down 6 lbs, but My weight goes right back up...then down again.
    HOWEVER, I totally see my body transforming, and I am dropping inches.

Right now, I am consuming anywhere between 1400 (good days) to 1800. calories.

What about you?
  • RM10003
    RM10003 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    5'9, working out 4 times a week (2x cardio, 1x strength, 1x Pilates), eating 1700-1800 calories per day. I have steadily lost since I started on MFP mid-February, down 11 pounds so far. I have kept my ratios/macros where MFP set them--the only thing I have tweaked is sodium (my target is less than 2000mg). First goal is in 8 pounds, next is another 10 pounds after that.
  • Chrissysftns
    Options
    5'9, working out 4 times a week (2x cardio, 1x strength, 1x Pilates), eating 1700-1800 calories per day. I have steadily lost since I started on MFP mif-February, down 11 pounds so far. I have kept my ratios/macros where MFP set them--the only thing I have tweaked is sodium (my target is less than 2000mg). First goal is in 8 pounds, next is another 10 pounds after that.

---- are you Netting 1700-1800 or is that the gross amount?
    I only ask because I can't lose...for anything!
  • RM10003
    Options
    ---- are you Netting 1700-1800 or is that the gross amount?
    I only ask because I can't lose...for anything!

Sorry for not being clear, that's the gross amount (I decided I'd be happier eating more evenly). Nets tend to be in the 1300-1400 range.

Honestly, I am wondering when it will all stop and I'll hit some massive plateau, but for now it's working.
  • tripletmom2004
    tripletmom2004 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I used MFP recommend 1 lb loss per week at 1550 calories and I eat my calories back. Not losing inches or weight. I know my diet is the problem. I tell myself that I don't have a lot to lose so eating this or that won't hurt. I think I am one of those who is going to have to cut out all carbs and eat only protein and veggies. No dairy or fruit. And really not eat any crap. It is so hard!!!
  • estrobabe
    estrobabe Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9 eating around 1500. I have 20 more pounds to go. The lowest I have been is 130 (too small) and I felt comfortable at 140 (which I'm trying to get back to again). Currently I'm low 160s.
  • Dragonldy69
    Dragonldy69 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    :happy: Hello I am 5'7" and am in a BIG Plautoe..
    :sad: 188# want to wiegh 170# was down to 175 and then jumped up to 188 don't know why except maaybe I gained muscle is what everyone says. I don't want to wiegh this much.. I drink :drinker: alot of water and walk alot.. I have lost inches. I did go from a size 16 to a 14 and I have stayed that size but just have gained wieght back,, Not a happy camper:sad:
  • cricket_77
    cricket_77 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    5'7", weight is 151 and I'm wanting to lose 16 lbs. I was eating 1700 cals every day, no matter if I exercised or not (and didn't eat my exercise cals back) and my weight fluctuated between 155-153 for almost 1 1/2 months. This was based on my TDEE at a lightly active level minus 20%.

I re-evaluated everything in the past 1 1/2 weeks and I'm FINALLY starting to see the scale go down. Here' are my cals - exercise cals for last week:

1682 - 415 = 1267
    1723 - 597 = 1126
    2119 - 288 = 1831
    1474 - 188 = 1286
    1583 - 0 = 1683
    1595 - 346 = 1249
    1672 - 381 = 1291

So my average net intake for the week was 1376. I base my cals on my rested TDEE minus 20% and eat back my exercise calories.

I re-evaluated my cals after reading the following thread:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/921403-yes-you-can-quick-start-guide-to-fat-loss

So basically, the way I was calculating my calories the first time around, I was probably eating close to maintenance if I missed my workout 2-3 times a week. Which would make sense because the scale WAS NOT BUDGING!!

Hopefully that helps you! Good luck!!
  • Chrissysftns
    Options
    I'm 5'9 eating around 1500. I have 20 more pounds to go. The lowest I have been is 130 (too small) and I felt comfortable at 140 (which I'm trying to get back to again). Currently I'm low 160s.

Are you eating your calories back? Or staying at 1500 even if you workout?
  • Christiethorn1
    Christiethorn1 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    5'9" here and I have around 18 lbs to go. I try to eat between 1200 and 1400 calories a day and usually workout 5-6 times a week for 1 hour. So far, so good :)
  • BeautifulScarsWECHANGED
    Options
    bump
  • RM10003
    Options
    I used MFP recommend 1 lb loss per week at 1550 calories and I eat my calories back. Not losing inches or weight. I know my diet is the problem. I tell myself that I don't have a lot to lose so eating this or that won't hurt. I think I am one of those who is going to have to cut out all carbs and eat only protein and veggies. No dairy or fruit. And really not eat any crap. It is so hard!!!

Before you try cutting things like carbs, fruit, or dairy out of your diet, why don't you try switching out a session or two of cardio with strength? Even if you're just doing whatever you can do at home with your own body weight. Seems to me that it's worth trying before you make any radical diet changes that will make you unhappy. Seriously, I am eating carbs/dairy/fruit and still losing, and I am perimenopausal and hypothyroid, so believe me I have seen more than one person suggest I should not even think about carbs.