Kinda shy and new to this

Options
SOOOO... I just joined MFP honestly to try to get that body that I used to have. As a soldier it was easy to stay in shape or find that extra motivation (the threat of losing your job lol) to maintain a healthy weight. Now that I'm back to the corporate world, the weight has been slowly climbing and the mirror is becoming my arch nemisis. Being shy doesn't help with the friend making process so I finally decided that I would have to attempt to break out of my shell if I want this to be successful.

I'm so impressed by the members of MFP and how they can put themselves out there to reach a common goal. I really need all the help that I can get. Anybody wanna befriend a recent vet who's just trying to get their confidence back?

Replies

• avababy05
    avababy05 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your service!

Hey,it's the internet.No need to be shy.

Lots of good support!
  • VeeBethTris
    VeeBethTris Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! First of all, thank you for serving our country. Second of all, welcome to the world of MFP :) You will find all kinds of people on here, just like the real world. I will send you a friend request and wish you luck on your journey!
  • khandi_j
    khandi_j Posts: 9
    Options
    The post was a big hurdle all in itself... the positivity honesty makes my day :happy:
  • Telliott1977
    Options
    Same here. I was in the Air Force and in superb shape. Once I got out, I lost that weight regulator. So now I'm on a mission. I lose motivation at times but I'm determined to lose this weight. You can do it!!!!!
  • cherryqb
    cherryqb Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi! I was shy too, but the support makes it easier! We are here to help each other!
  • PHATMAMI2013
    PHATMAMI2013 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hey im new to this too and im kinda a shy person also lol but would love to be ur friend and encourage you!
  • cherryqb
    cherryqb Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I've been on MP for awhile I just started adding people on the site that I didn't know! Trust me when I say, you will open up more when you start to get more friends.
  • LazyGuy91
    LazyGuy91 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me.
  • loricshields47
    loricshields47 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I;m new to this too. But not at all shy! please feel free to add me ~ love being supportive
  • notdancinganymore
    notdancinganymore Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Add me if you want! I need friends that will motivate me!
  • Imigen04
    Imigen04 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your service :). Brave pretty lady :) always looking for friends and support hopefully to stay friends even after this journey :) add me if u like
  • marciebrian
    marciebrian Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! First of all, thank you for serving our country. Second of all, welcome to the world of MFP :) You will find all kinds of people on here, just like the real world. I will send you a friend request and wish you luck on your journey!

this! just don't check out my diary on Friday.. bunch of us old ladies doing mexican reunion :flowerforyou: :drinker: :laugh:
  • mamacita721
    mamacita721 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I have been lurking here off and on for a couple of years. Lost a lot of weight and put some back on. The biggest issue that I have had is the wall that I have built around myself. My last hurdle is to reach out to others and let them in. You have made a great first step. Congrats on that!
  • nm8962
    nm8962 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Thank you for keeping our country safe. You can add me to your friend list if you like, You are starting an incredible journey.
  • angelcurry130
    angelcurry130 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Thank you for serving! And congratulations on joining. It's not a bad community, really. :) Feel free to add me. I like the motivation this site gives me and I enjoy sharing the buzz.
  • latprin
    latprin Posts: 16
    Options
    Welcome and thank you for your service. Feel free to add me.
  • Veurve
    Veurve Posts: 6
    Options
    Would love to have you as a buddy.:flowerforyou:
  • Simone_King
    Simone_King Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. And thank you for your service! You will love it here!
  • Will606
    Will606 Posts: 55
    Options
    SOOOO... I just joined MFP honestly to try to get that body that I used to have. As a soldier it was easy to stay in shape or find that extra motivation (the threat of losing your job lol) to maintain a healthy weight. Now that I'm back to the corporate world, the weight has been slowly climbing and the mirror is becoming my arch nemisis. Being shy doesn't help with the friend making process so I finally decided that I would have to attempt to break out of my shell if I want this to be successful.

I'm so impressed by the members of MFP and how they can put themselves out there to reach a common goal. I really need all the help that I can get. Anybody wanna befriend a recent vet who's just trying to get their confidence back?

Hi there. First off, thanks for your service (from one vet to another). Secondly, feel free to add me if you like. Good luck with your goals.
  • khandi_j
    khandi_j Posts: 9
    Options

this! just don't check out my diary on Friday.. bunch of us old ladies doing mexican reunion :flowerforyou: :drinker: :laugh:

Don't worry mine is worse.. I barely eat on workdays and go out to carolina ale house every wednesday night lol