What iPod do you use for your workouts?

Options
I'm considering one of the following: the iPod shuffle, classic and nano, but not sure which one would be best to use when working out.

Or do you have another recommendation?

Replies

• linddavis
    linddavis Posts: 101
    Options
    I use my iPhone... Map My Fitness app. It is awesome. It talks to me :) at each mile marker gives me
    my time and distance.
  • BarbieAS
    BarbieAS Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    I usually use my phone, too, but I really want to get a shuffle; I shuffle my workout songs anyway and I would love to not have to lug my giant phone around the gym. I'm just really having a hard time justifying the expense plus the time it would take to take all my Amazon mp3s and figure out how to get them into iTunes (I don't own a single other Apple product, lol) just for a bit of convenience. But if I was going to get an iPod primarily/exclusively for working out, I'd get a shuffle for sure, unless you are super picky about the order your songs play (heck, I don't know, maybe the shuffle doesn't even exclusively shuffle anymore? I don't pay attention, lol). The size and the clip seal the deal for me.
  • vinchass9
    vinchass9 Posts: 36
    Options
    I can't afford Ipods. I just listen to the voice in my head that tell me to keep lifting year after year.
  • runnrgrl74
    runnrgrl74 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    iPod Shufle, hands down, if you're just wanting it for work outs. I own a couple Shuffles that I use exclusively for running. They are so perfect. They clip onto the bottom hem of my shirt, and I run the headphones cord under my shirt. I never even know it's there. So lightweight and small, perfect for long runs, stays charged forever. I ran the Chicago Marathon with it last year, and all of my hours-long training runs too. It's a great little gizmo.
  • andrea_v2h
    Options
    Shuffle all the way. It's cheap, small & out of the way. If I run inside, I clip on my tank collar. If I run outside I clip on my SPIbelt and feed the headphones up through my shirt. (And carry my phone in the SPIbelt & use RunKeeper for distance/pace.)
  • morningmud
    morningmud Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I use my phone too: Slacker or Pandora for lifting and Zombies, Run app for running which uses my playlists.
  • linddavis
    linddavis Posts: 101
    Options
    How many hours of music can you fit on a shuffle?
  • matt2442
    matt2442 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    Nano..the one with the clip. It's light, you can clip it wherever you want. If I were you I'd go with that one.
  • RepsnSets
    RepsnSets Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Ipod classic, Im a huge music fan. Always had the classic, even upgraded to a new one instead of buying the ipod touch. Heard too many nightmare stories with the touch.
  • neacail
    neacail Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    The shuffle is great for workouts. But, if you want something with greater capacity, I highly recommend getting a wireless, stereo, bluetooth headset to go along with it. After getting a pair of wired headphones tangled in a rowing machine (and destroying the headphones), I switched to wireless. It made things much easier.
  • jayche
    jayche Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    get the Sansa Clip: its cheaper than the shuffle, holds twice as many songs and has a screen.
  • kimleroy
    kimleroy Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I have a Nano that's about a year and a half old and I love it for working out! Its very small, maybe 1.5" square and it has a clip so I just clip it to my shirt when I work out. It came pre-loaded with a Nike+ app that I only recently started using, but I'm in love with it. It tracks your runs (time, distance, pace, calories burned) and keeps a history for you. My 16GB cost about $150 I think, and its totally worth it.
  • crawfishag
    crawfishag Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Second the blue tooth wireless stereo headphones. I hated the earbud wire especially when do some of my lifts like rows and dead lifts.
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    Pandora on my Galaxy
  • dandandee
    dandandee Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I have the 6th Generation Nano. it's tiny (same size as a shuffle) but with a screen.
    I really like it, no complaints here.