Three in one day!

Options
AmbyrJayde
AmbyrJayde Posts: 257 Member
Two little, and one big NSV's today.

1. The Pajama pants I bought which are a size 22-24 that I was afraid to buy not only fit but are baggy, which means that even if I haven't gone down a jeans size I've lost another stretchy pants size.

2. I was CRAVING a run all day, even though its one of my off days, (I run with the c25k app every other day one week 2 day 2) and because I was 86 calories over decided to go on a walk, which led to my next NSV

3. (this is the big one) I decided that I was going to walk, my normal two miles, but after the first half mile I decided, I"m gonna try and jog/run the next half mile....AND I DID.

I jogged an entire half mile. (.51 miles to be exact.) in 7 minutes and 4 seconds.

Not the fastest that is true, but I thought of it this way, I don't go really fast and then have to walk slowly the rest of the way, I want that whole time to be running.

And I'm so ecstatic that I immediately posted it on facebook and here.

Wooooooo, I may become a runner yet :D:D

Replies

• erojoy
    erojoy Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! Running is so hard, and to just decide to do it and go for it is great! I hope you get to be that runner someday. :-)
  • whiteoutpen
    whiteoutpen Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Amazing job. I can't stand running. And losing any pants size is great progress :) Keep it up!
  • ajcrain
    ajcrain Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    So awesome! Keep it up and before you know it you ll be running a mile!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,045 Member
    Options
    You ARE a runner. The first time you pick-it-up past the walk, you've graduated. Great job!!
  • sheyennelilly
    sheyennelilly Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Wow! Great job! All of those are great, but the running thing is the best, I'd have to agree. It feels awesome to feel your body get stronger.
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    Yeah, so, you're pretty awesome!
  • aprmay
    aprmay Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Wow, great job!!! LOVE hearing stuff like this. :)
  • AmbyrJayde
    Options
    That is awesome! Running is so hard, and to just decide to do it and go for it is great! I hope you get to be that runner someday. :-)

Thanks :D:D It was hard, I was huffing and puffing and sweating but when I stopped at that half mile I almsot screamed I was so happy that I had done it. This is silly, but I was tearing up I was so proud
    That's awesome! Amazing job. I can't stand running. And losing any pants size is great progress :) Keep it up!

I honestly thought I was going to hate it, and the first couple times I tried I did hate it, but that c25k app is helping so much
    So awesome! Keep it up and before you know it you ll be running a mile!

Ohh I can't wait for that, I'll probably post another one of these XD
    You ARE a runner. The first time you pick-it-up past the walk, you've graduated. Great job!!

Yay :D
    Wow! Great job! All of those are great, but the running thing is the best, I'd have to agree. It feels awesome to feel your body get stronger.

It really felt great, I still feel teary eyed thinking about how I was last year at this time, compared to this. If I can do it honestly anyone can, this time last year (in fact 1 year ago today) is when I signed up for this website. I was 335 (That was the first time my scale had weighed me before and what spurred me to finally going at it harder) and it took me 45 minutes to walk the mile to work. and I had to stop every 2 minutes because I couldn't breath.

God has given me so much, His strength is the only thing that made me do this. (ok gonna go cry a little bit now.ETA: happy cry.)
  • bellyboosmom
    bellyboosmom Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic! Congratulations on your NSV's!!
  • LMHinson15
    LMHinson15 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!

You say you "may become a runner yet?" You just ran half a mile... you ARE a runner!!

When I started a little over a year ago, I couldn't run for one minute without getting too winded. In January I ran my first half marathon. If I can do it, you can!

Keep going!! You're doing great!!!
  • watchhillgirl
    watchhillgirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    All of them are great and you should be so excited and proud of yourself!!! Way to go!! You will be a runner yet! Keep up with it, you will enjoy enjoy the feeling of finishing you first 5k. I still remember mine!!
  • AmbyrJayde
    Options
    Congratulations!!

You say you "may become a runner yet?" You just ran half a mile... you ARE a runner!!

When I started a little over a year ago, I couldn't run for one minute without getting too winded. In January I ran my first half marathon. If I can do it, you can!

Keep going!! You're doing great!!!

Thank you :D It's so weird to think of myself as a runner because I can only run a portion of it. And because I feel like I still am to big to call myself a runner. lol thats silly though I know. Congratulations on your half marathon :D:D hope it was fun
  • AmbyrJayde
    Options
    All of them are great and you should be so excited and proud of yourself!!! Way to go!! You will be a runner yet! Keep up with it, you will enjoy enjoy the feeling of finishing you first 5k. I still remember mine!!

Thats awesome, how long since you did your 5k?
  • toomuchbootyindapants
    toomuchbootyindapants Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I came in here thinking I was gonna read you took three poops in one day and I was going to congratulate you! But I see you've done even better! Good work!
  • watchhillgirl
    watchhillgirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options

It was only last October but now I do at least one a month! It took me awhile to get the courage up, butt now I am addicted! I am going to do a half marathon in November! Crazy huh?
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Yay for you!
  • AmbyrJayde
    Options
    I came in here thinking I was gonna read you took three poops in one day and I was going to congratulate you! But I see you've done even better! Good work!

Yay I did better than poop!

That sentence was weird. But thank you :D
  • AmbyrJayde
    Options

It was only last October but now I do at least one a month! It took me awhile to get the courage up, butt now I am addicted! I am going to do a half marathon in November! Crazy huh?

One a month, that's awesome, Yeah if I feel this good after every run I could get addicted as well :D
  • aeg176
    aeg176 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Great day for you! Keep up the good work!
  • MoreLikeMe43
    MoreLikeMe43 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Gonna make my first post on MFP a big CONGRATS to you! Your excitement is as inspirational as your story. AWESOME, you. :happy:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!