Eating late, exercising early.. Fluctuating Weight :(

Options
I've began to exercise early in the morning which is awesome for me. The gym is nearly empty and I dont have to elbow someone to get on the treadmill. (plus none of the guys are there so i have my pick of the weight training machines ;))
Problem is my weight is fluctuating. I work Mon - Thurs 10am -830pm. Sooo i eat when i get home around 915. Of course Im tired by then also so I fall asleep not to long after I eat. :( Bad right? Geesh.
Then i step on the scale and it doesnt change and i get all unmotivated. Oh yeah i need some motivaitonal friends too on here.
So, Ive read many times that you shouldnt eat after 7 or 6 or you should sit up for at least 4 hours after eating.
Im willing to bring my dinner to work but sitting up for 4 hours after i get home at 915 just is not gonna happen, captain.
Should i eat more for bkfast and lunch and less for dinner?
Suggestions? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Beuller?

Replies

• n0shitsherl0ck
    Options
    its unfortunate that your work holds you back from a regular eating plan, but do whatever you can to eat earlier as this is what is holding you back.
    Is there any way you can eat something at work? maybe heat up something you prepared earlier or something? I don't suggest you eat more earlier so you can skip a meal, this will probably negatively affect your health

Edit: I just realised you meant eat less for dinner, not skip it, but my point still stands - try to eat something during work :)
  • avababy05
    avababy05 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    I work similar hours (12-9) and also enjoy the time in the morning to workout.

What time is your last break?

My "Lunch" is at 4:30 in the afternoon and is usually my biggest meal of the day.

I have a non traditional breakfast around 1030 and bring a snack ( fat free greek yogurt,fruit or almonds).

When I get home I have another light snack maybe some air popped corn or,if I want soemthing sweet maybe a bowl of cereal.
  • shaggydaddy
    Options
    I have lost weight off and on through the years and don't believe in the don't eat after a certain time. Calories hold the same value whether they are eaten at 7am or 7pm.
  • Telliott1977
    Options
    its unfortunate that your work holds you back from a regular eating plan, but do whatever you can to eat earlier as this is what is holding you back.
    Is there any way you can eat something at work? maybe heat up something you prepared earlier or something? I don't suggest you eat more earlier so you can skip a meal, this will probably negatively affect your health

Edit: I just realised you meant eat less for dinner, not skip it, but my point still stands - try to eat something during work :)

I was thinking of bringing something to work and see if there is any difference. That way i still get up and walk around instead of laying down on the food i just ate. I hate doing that.
  • Telliott1977
    Options
    I work similar hours (12-9) and also enjoy the time in the morning to workout.

What time is your last break?

My "Lunch" is at 4:30 in the afternoon and is usually my biggest meal of the day.

I have a non traditional breakfast around 1030 and bring a snack ( fat free greek yogurt,fruit or almonds).

When I get home I have another light snack maybe some air popped corn or,if I want soemthing sweet maybe a bowl of cereal.

I usually dont have many visitors in my office after 430 or 5 so Im free to roam and break any time. The light snack sounds great! Thats what i was concerned about. If i ate ate 6 or 7, would i be hungry when i got home. I just bought some Fiber One snack bars that would probably be good as a snack and popcorn. Ill try that. Thanks!!!
  • Lunira
    Lunira Posts: 33
    Options
    I have lost weight off and on through the years and don't believe in the don't eat after a certain time. Calories hold the same value whether they are eaten at 7am or 7pm.

I agree, that's my experience as well.
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is determined by calories in vs calories out. It is not based on nutrient timing or when you eat your calories. When you are eating, going to sleep and working out has no effect on your ability to lose weight UNLESS you are eating over your calories daily.

Please do what works for you and your body and schedule and pay no mind to all the of the fluff out there!