1 Year Post Partum *pics*

Options
My beautiful daughter was born March 16,2012. She just turned a year old! I was going through my camera and came across an old progress picture. This was taken 2 months into my joining myfitnesspal

DSCN1699.jpg
(This was taken after losing some weight. Also ignore my face lol)

It doesn't seem like a big difference, especially over the course of a year. But it is a HUGE difference for me, with my confidence and health. I wish I could've gotten here sooner, but with juggling motherhood and me-time it'd been a struggle. I'm not perfect and would fall off the wagon many times, only to pick myself back up. I would like to start lifting when I have more time, I'm looking for more definition. But I am really happy with where I am! I probably wouldn''t have lost my baby fat without Myfitnesspal. I have learned so much from using this site, and have made lifestyle changes that will hopefully follow me throughout life.

Goodbye baby weight!

I used Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred, Ripped in 30, and Insanity here and there

after.jpg

Replies

• dupaboo
    dupaboo Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    There's a big difference....and it doesn't matter how long it took you, you still got there! Congrats to you!
  • littlelaurie14
    littlelaurie14 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • juliekins64
    juliekins64 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I am 18 months PP, I lost the weight but am stuck with some loose skin :-(
    You look great, real fitspiration!
  • jeni8383
    jeni8383 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    great job... :smile:
  • johnsongirls
    johnsongirls Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    There is a huge difference!! You look amazing.
  • ingeh
    ingeh Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    wow you look great. Iv just had my 2nd son on 30th october 2012 and Im about 20lbs away from goal but still have the mummy tummy. What did you do to get such a flat tummy again?
  • littlelaurie14
    Options
    wow you look great. Iv just had my 2nd son on 30th october 2012 and Im about 20lbs away from goal but still have the mummy tummy. What did you do to get such a flat tummy again?

Thanks guys :D

The mommy belly was the last thing I would lose from :( I guess you just have to be patient and keep losing (diet and cardio) and it will go eventually. All the ab exercises will tighten up your belly, but still won't show much until the fat above it is gone. I still have a little bit of mommy tummy when I sit
  • Rum_Runner
    Rum_Runner Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Great work!!!!
  • littlelaurie14
    Options
    Thank you, you look great yourself!
  • n0shitsherl0ck
    Options
    you look amazing! I have no idea what part of that is 'not a big change' :O ! Losing weight and becoming a new mother must be really really difficult so kudos for that! you should be so proud! :)
  • amysue1971
    amysue1971 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Looking really great!!!
  • chm2616
    chm2616 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!!!!!
  • cristeberga
    cristeberga Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I see a huge difference. Congratulations!!
  • Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    You look awesome :flowerforyou:. I would do the biggest happy dance ever if I looked like you at one year postpartum! Unfortunately it took me 5 months before I found mfp, and baby O is 10 months old ... so I don't think I'll get there in the next 2 months.

That said, I will have a rockin' body like you someday :smile: . And we deserve to be proud of ourselves, no matter how long it takes to reach our goals!

I love that you're already making new goals (and yet proud of where you're at right now). Gotta shoot for the stars!
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have a 13 going to be 14 month old. And I wish I could look like you, but no matter how long to reach the goals, its worth the marathon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Being a mom is hard, getting in shape as a mom is even harder!!!!!!!!!! Props to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • icandowhateveriputmymindto
    Options
    1) you're beautiful 2) There definitely is a difference so congratulations.
  • jaimemariel
    jaimemariel Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    You look great. I can only hope I look this good a year postpartum!
  • littlelaurie14
    Options
    Thanks you all, you're too kind :)

It isn't as drastic of a change as some other success stories. But I thought I'd show y'all that the baby weight doesn't have to stay :)
  • vguynes
    vguynes Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    You look AMAZING! Congrats on your success!
  • njmp
    njmp Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    WOW~~~!!! I don't know how you can say there's not a big difference! You look awesome! I want to look like you and I haven't had a baby!!!
    Great work, you look so good! :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!