Healthy, low cal bread?

Options
Ok... I went to go make a sandwich and my mom bought the worst bread ever! For now we shall call it fatty fatty lard bread! I usually get Wonder bread Smart White which was 90 calories for 2 slices! Most bread is 90 calories per slice. My bread was also normal sized slices. None of that paper thin crap for me!
Anyway, Now that Hostess is out of business...Wonder bread went with them since they where the sister company. Anyone know of a good low cal bread? Im very bread picky. I need it to taste like bread and not cardboard. :)

Replies

• delaney056
    delaney056 Posts: 475
    Options
    I eat the Nature's Own 12g whole grain, no added sugar. It's 70 cals per slice. Tasted great too!
  • cacklingcat
    cacklingcat Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Dave's killer bread is good don't now is its sold nation wide or just west cost.
  • cook6609
    cook6609 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    sarah lee's has 45 per slice calorie bread (so 90 calories for 2 slices) they have a 100% whole wheat one and a 100% whole wheat with honey as well. I like the one with honey because I don't have to put butter on my toast when I eat it. It has a natural sweetness to it (saves on the fat and extra calories).
  • JeneticTraining
    JeneticTraining Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Get whole wheat. I love sandwich thins.
  • CristinaL1983
    CristinaL1983 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Get whole wheat. I love sandwich thins.

I get the Orowheat Multi Grain Sandwich thins. I love them. I don't like bread that much so they are just the right size for my sandwiches!
  • m1311
    m1311 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Think outside the box...a locally-made, whole-wheat tortilla is only 110 or 120 calories, and is fun to roll up around different fillings. Corn tortillas are wonderful when heated up in a towel in the microwave, and they're only 110 for two tortillas.

Dave's bread is wonderful. Get it at Costco if you can to save money.
  • paxbfl
    paxbfl Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I like the sandwich thins and also the Sara Lee "Simply Delightful" whole wheat bread. I enjoy both even more toasted.

I also enjoy Flatouts flatbread. Basically tastes like a "roll-up" - I put some shredded chicken and salsa (sometimes a little cheese) on 1/2 a flatout (45 cals). Tastes great!
  • sally_jeffswife
    sally_jeffswife Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    I like the Village Hearth Lite 12 Grain Bread
  • DarkOctoberNight
    DarkOctoberNight Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I used to used flat-outs, but they have been hard to find as of late
  • DarkOctoberNight
    DarkOctoberNight Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all your feed back guys! Bread is such a pain in the *kitten* thing. There is nothing to it, but it is so full of calories lol Ill have to keep my eyes out and let you know if I find anything no one has suggested. :D
  • Lunira
    Lunira Posts: 33
    Options
    Try Healthy Life bread, maybe. I like the whole wheat version. Tastes good too, and only 35 calories a slice. :D