Is this a good goal weight?

Options
So, unfortuately, this is me.

me_zps1fe99cbc.jpg

I'm 5"6, a teen and I weigh 138 pounds. I'm planning on getting down to 125 because that's pretty much the minimum for my BMI but sometimes I feel like that won't be enough.

I don't need to be stick thin, I just wanna look acceptable in a bathing suit.

Do you think 125 will be enough?

Replies

• lpina2mi
    lpina2mi Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Add a strength & toning segment with your fat-burning cardio to get the shape you want. 125lb is likely a good goal--but no weight will be without the shape you want. You will be amazed at how close you are weight-wise when you get hooked on the exercise piece.
  • setaseba
    setaseba Posts: 11
    Options
    a lot of people start with a 5 or 10% goal. so 10% for you is 138 - 13.8 = 124-125 lbs so yes, this is probably a good goal weight for you

as long as you also work on getting toned and in shape so you don't lose more muscle than fat. otherwise your weight will just bounce right back up again and it will be harder to lose next time

good luck!
  • siriuslestrange1
    siriuslestrange1 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    first of all, you are already gorgeous how you are. There is nothing "unfortunate" about your body. That being said, I think you need to focus more on toning than on losing weight. You may even gain a few pounds by adding muscle, but that's perfectly acceptable! You need to look at it more as getting in shape and less getting skinny.

I recommend the 30 day shred, Insanity or even some Bikram yoga. I've heard many MANY wonderful things about the 30 day shred and how amazing it can be for toning.
  • cerexflikex
    Options
    Based on the info I see, it looks right to me. You will want to get some weight routine going, or perhaps one of those ab routines. Good luck! You look good, just some toning should do it.
  • I am exactly how she is feeling. My whole entire life I have been pretty tiny, until 6 years ago whenever I had my first child, I gained 40 lbs and ever since then I have had three more children. I used to be at 105 and now I am currently at 157. I was wondering if me reaching 125 for my goal weight would be good for me. I am 5'0.. I mainly wanna get fit and toned. So I am trying to figure out exactly what a good goal weight would be. I am currently 25 soon to be 26. Any answers would be very helpful, since this will be my first time.

40356511.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • AhlaWahda
    AhlaWahda Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    So, unfortuately, this is me.

me_zps1fe99cbc.jpg

I'm 5"6, a teen and I weigh 138 pounds. I'm planning on getting down to 125 because that's pretty much the minimum for my BMI but sometimes I feel like that won't be enough.

I don't need to be stick thin, I just wanna look acceptable in a bathing suit.

Do you think 125 will be enough?

I'm also 5'6" and my goal weight is 120 lbs. It really depends on your bone structure. I'm small framed so I can weigh less without being underweight but I think you can start focusing on 125 lbs and then re-evaluate if you're happy there or want to continue losing. That's what I'll do. :-) Don't stare yourself blind on the weight is my advice.