I couldn't do this without . . .

Options
Just curious as to what are the things the you couldn't do without on your weight loss journey. I know for me I couldn't have made it this far without the gym nursery, it gets me to the gym every morning they are open. I also couldn't have gotten so far without greek yogurt, I think I eat at least a cup of it every day, smoothies, frozen treats, and I even use it as sour cream with my meals sometimes. How about all of you?

Replies

• maryann73
    maryann73 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    the ladies on the 40+ thread! They give me the encouragement and support to continue each day. :flowerforyou:
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    My sweet darling is a huge source of support. I don't exactly need a crutch or a cheerleader, just someone to work with me and not against me, and he does. He's my exercise partner, and he doesn't try to sabotage me in any way. Can't ask for more than that. Also, may sound weird, but I couldn't do this without my meds. Dessicated thyroid has gradually allowed my body to get stronger and build pretty decent endurance for exercise. And, of course, I couldn't do this without MFP. There's the accountability, discovering things that needed tweaking (my sodium number! :noway: ), putting my goals in front of my face regularly via my ticker, the LOVE :love: etc. It's powerful stuff!
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    Water and exercise videos. I have never had a gym membership, and I can feel when I need more water.
  • katlou2
    katlou2 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Most definitely this website. I've only been here a week and only lost 5 pounds but I can already tell this is exactly what I have needed! I have never had this kind of support before. My husband doesn't help at all, he is always trying to talk me out of exercise or making the best meal choice so I needed this place! Give me 50 more pounds and I'll have some other things I couldn't live without though I'm sure!

Have a Great Day all!
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    #1- My computer since it gives me access to MFP!!!

#2 - The food scale to accurately measure portion sizes

#3 - family and friends on the MFP (Maryann - I agree the "40+ group" is great!!! Thanks Ladies) (I also have to thank the support of my "200+ super pals" who've helped me get and stay under 200!!!!) (Last but not least, the exercise fanatics on the "52/7" thread that push me to do more)
  • baggins706
    baggins706 Posts: 310
    Options
    1- My LOVING and SUPPORTIVE Hubby (I love you Mac)
    2- My iPhone App and this site
    3- My home girl Ebony
    4- My treadmill, step and free weights
    5- My MFP Family

without it I wouldn't have made it this far!
  • shellshalla
    shellshalla Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Definitely MFP!! I plan my days ahead of time and therefore it's really easy to stick with them :)
  • lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    I couldn't do this with out my hubby...he is doing this every step with me , we both on the journey and i couldn't do it with out him and the gilrs on the 200+_ board, they are the greateest !!!
  • melbhall
    melbhall Posts: 519
    Options
    I couldn't do this without my level headed friends that I have made on this site. There is a lot of bad advice and here one day gone the next encouragers on this site but I have been fortunate enough to meet a group of people who give sound advice and unconditional support. I am a competetive person and logging on and seeing my friends meet their goals makes me want to work even harder!

Also, my 20oz reusable water bottle, I love that thing. Sometimes I struggle to get in all my water in a day, but by using the refillable bottle I not only help the environment but I tend to drink more than I ever would have before (okay, I felt like a biggest loser video clip with that environment talk, but it's true).
  • odatcindy
    odatcindy Posts: 641
    Options
    I agree with all of you that say you couldn't do it without MFP - the accountability and friendships you build here. I'm with Maryann and Victoria on the 40+ support group and I love the motivation we give each other, as well as the challenges to move to the next level.

Also, my scale - I need a better one, but this one has been with me for 8 years and I would never be able to keep such accurate track of the food and portion sizes if I didn't have it.

And my husband - he is willing to make whatever I want to eat for dinner at least five nights a week. He also measures out my food when he puts together a menu and tells me he is very pleased with what I am doing to get fit.
  • thendrick
    thendrick Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    MFP!
    My elliptical and all 7 seasons of CSI!
    My husband - all I have to do is say I want to work out and he takes the 4 kids and disappears so that I can do it in peace.