Body by Vi VS Advocare....

Options
Anyone care to share their experiences? SOOO many people I know are doing the Advocare right now. I bought some BBV shake mix from a friend, and I tried it this a.m. and am pleased with the taste.

Just wondering if anyone has had success with either. :)

Thanks,
Jessica

Replies

• thatchuck
    Options
    I've lost about 34 since January/ started with 24 day challenge/ got rid of diet pop and went to spark, have kept up on their supplements/ if anything it has made me feel good and that helps when your trying to keep losing weight / also do meal replacement for breakfast/ let me know if you have any questions
  • twinsmom7602
    twinsmom7602 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for reply! Great job, keep up the good work!! :)
  • Fast_Track
    Fast_Track Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I've done Advocare in the past. Works surprisingly well, actually. Both Advocare and Body by Vi are direct selling, aka pyramid schemes, so just a head's up there. I've had experience with distributors of both - from my experience, Advocare is far less agressive.

From what I understand, Body by Vi is a two shake a day diet, followed by a sensible dinner. Advocare products run the gamut, but I believe the most commonly used method is: a shake in the AM, 4 packet of supplements throughout the day, and sensible eating. I was able to drop 8 lbs on Advocare in about 6 weeks and I felt great. It can be pricey (the supplements run $45 a box (lasts 15 days) if you're not a distributor, but I feel like they're worth it.

I have a lot of friends who now sell Body By Vi. Most have appeared to lose weight, but at the same time, they've become extremely agressive in their "selling everyone I know and then some" sales tactics.

Advocare seems the most sensible to me, read: not a wacky Slimfast diet. Distributors don't need to be as agressive because 1) they believe in their product and 2) you get to eat real food.
  • ThatSoundsHard
    ThatSoundsHard Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I know too many people who've used the body by vi crap and they're always trying to sell it to everyone. None of them seem to have actually lost any weight either.
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    My wife and I are in the middle of the 24 Day Challenge by Advocare. Day 13 to be exact. She has lost 12 lbs. so far and 2 pant sizes. I have lost 6 pounds and have gone down 2 holes in my belt (so probably a pant size). The thing we are liking the most about the challenge is that you get to eat real food through out the day. During the first 10 days you are going through a cleanse. Prior to starting I expected to be hungry, but I have been anything but. Some days I have trouble eating all of the food we are suppose.

To me the biggest thing has been the amount of energy I have had during this challenge. For example today I started off my day with an hour long Kenpo Karate class, then went and played nerf guns and soccer with the kids and finished off the day with an hour long boot camp (which included pushing a car at the end). Two weeks ago I never would have even thought of packing that much into my day. Keep in mind I still weigh 274 pounds.

I cannot speak highly enough for this company. To the poster who said it is a pyramid scheme. You can't be further from the truth. I don't think you actually know what that means. Schemes are illegal. Advocare has a 20 year history!
  • sarahdietle
    Options
    I just happened upon this....
    @Dougthewookie, I have been doing that Body By Vi "crap" since March.
    It is AMAZING and my pictures are proof. I, along with many many of my friends, have lost weight and inches and are in the best shape of our life. Please don't knock something until you've tried it.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    I just happened upon this....
    @Dougthewookie, I have been doing that Body By Vi "crap" since March.
    It is AMAZING and my pictures are proof. I, along with many many of my friends, have lost weight and inches and are in the best shape of our life. Please don't knock something until you've tried it.

Post hoc ergo propter hoc
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    They are both crap.

But bringing up an old post is awesome.
  • Kris10311
    Kris10311 Posts: 1
    Options
    Body by vi is awesome! It's simple. Not taking of tons of pills like advocare...The shakes, cereal, and cookies are delicious. They have a challenge called project 10. Every 10lbs lost or gain 10 lbs in muscle mass(for those already fit) provides 30 meals for children struggling with obesity. Not to mention getting a free shirt that is only earned as well as 10 chances to win $1,000. You have 90 day money back guarantee. You have nothing to lose but the weight.
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    Body by vi is awesome! It's simple. Not taking of tons of pills like advocare...The shakes, cereal, and cookies are delicious. They have a challenge called project 10. Every 10lbs lost or gain 10 lbs in muscle mass(for those already fit) provides 30 meals for children struggling with obesity. Not to mention getting a free shirt that is only earned as well as 10 chances to win $1,000. You have 90 day money back guarantee. You have nothing to lose but the weight.

Strong first post.

Nothing to lose but your wallet.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    :noway:
  • ThinLizzie0802
    ThinLizzie0802 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    My mother tends to try every weight loss plan out there- Arbonne, Body By Vi, Juice Plus, etc so I end up getting to try it all as well. I do use a meal replacement shake regularly by Garden of Life called Perfect Meal. It is not direct sales- it can be purchased many places. I use it to meet my calorie goal on days I'm burning a lot or if I'm struggling to eat after a hard morning workout a shake works best for me. In no way has it been magic to my weight loss. I can't seem to get my mother to understand that portion control, tracking calories, and just making a few swaps with her food and exercise will give her the changes she seeks. When she had the Body By Vi shakes I remember being really unhappy with the ingredient list. I wish I could remember off the top of my head just which ingredients irked me, but it's been a few years. I do remember thinking "no way in hell am I drinking this." Also, I'm a supporter of getting the nutrients you need from your diet rather than taking supplements. I also don't think it is sustainable to go from totally replacing your meals with shakes to back to solid food and balance your calories. I find it easier to just start with tailoring my solid food choices to fit my calorie goal, and using shakes on an as needed basis.