MAJOR Goal Accomplished II

Options
Good afternoon all!!! I was asked to give an update to a previous post. My major goal in this journey has been to lose my need for FAT DRUGS, i.e., BP medicine, potassium because of BP medicine, and high cholesteral pills. Before I left on vacation, I sent a post reporting that my cholesteral went from 224 to 159 :happy: I thought my doctor would take me off of it. Well, during my vacation I received a call from her and she told me to stop the cholesteral and potassium and only take half of my BP pill daily. I could not believe it. I was so excited. Also, after returning from vacation I found out that I only weigh 197 lbs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I couldn't believe it, I was under 200 for the first time in over 15 years. I am so elated :bigsmile:

I think though going through this process that I have finally learned to start liking myself. I have more energy and just have a better outlook on my life. I will be 49 in September and my new goal is to lose 49 by 49! I know I can do it. I never really thought it possible, but today I know for a fact that it is. I do not have an end goal because I cannot see myself that small. They say I'm only supposed to weight a max of 136. I have never been there and I have no idea how I would be able to maintain it. It really scares me :frown:

My wonderful husband and I have begun this journey of healthy eating and we want to continue for life because we know we can. I am eating 1200 healthy calories daily and sometimes I don't even reach that because I am so full. I cannot even image eating 1800 healthy calories daily to maintain, it just blows my mind. I know I will have to face that at some point though.

My biggest downfall, however, is that I am and have always been very lazy!!! I do not like exercise of any sort even though I know it is very good for me. I do enjoy taking leasure walks with my husband and dogs, but I have to be talked into it. If any of you has a solution to this problem I would really like to hear it. I don't like gyms (I have always considered them meat markets) and I live in a very small town so there is no swimming pools available. Do I just continue the leisure walks?

Thanks to everyone who has ever posted a goal they have achieved because it definitely inspires me.:happy:

Replies

• Maxwell911
    Options
    Congratulations! Just think of what you have done for your health! You have helped your body regain its natural ability to do what it is supposed to do . . .and that is awesome. Also, below 200 . . . that is something that I look forward to. Have a great day and congratulations, keep it up.
  • blockeramanda
    blockeramanda Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I've only got 25 more to go before I'm under 200...like you I cannot see myself as small as i'm suppose to be..Im very happy with any weight lose :)

There's nothing wrong with walking as your only excersie, but i'd suggest walking a little further each day. I walk with my ipod and I listen to alot of songs on there and just walk/run before I know it I've walked/ run for about an hour! So maybe try adding something that will distract you while walking so you're not focusing so much on how far you're walking. good luck and congrats!!

Manda B!
  • samdu
    samdu Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You are definitely an inspiration to me! I struggle with the exercise problem as well and yesterday had an 'aha' moment. There was a Show and Shine in my town and although I am not a car person, my son is. So I asked my husband and son to come with me to the show and shine so that we could combine a walk for me, with something entertaining for them. It worked well! we parked about a block away from the show and shine, walked the 4 blocks where the cars were displayed then circled back through the church garage sale and back to our car. it took 45 minutes, was a strolling pace but at least I was out there and moving... and we all had fun. So my goal is to have some of this type of exercise 3x a week - I know it's not a huge workout but it is a big step for me. I just need to combine the exercise with something I like and it helps :)
  • megamom
    megamom Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I am not thrilled with exercise either but I really love riding my bike and I like doing my 5 Mile Walk with Leslie.
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    Personally I love exercise and with an ipod on and a sweat dripping down my shirt, there is nobody there that wants to meet me or pick me up!

Some people like the exercise DVDs. I would rather not exercise where my dogs and cat can come over and kiss me while I am trying to work out.

I have joined a dragon boat team which give me an upper body workout each week and social time as well. There are plenty of things that you can do to exercise that aren't the traditional things. Do you like dancing? Bike riding? Roller blading? Hiking? There are tons of things that you can do that are social and get you moving other than walking. FInd something that appeals to you and try it out
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!