Butter Squash Recipes please

Options
cricketdc
cricketdc Posts: 60 Member
I would like to prepare a healthy meal for my family. If you have any buttersquash recipes, please let me know.

Thanks

Replies

• Lieann22
    Lieann22 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Roasted is always good with a little olive oil.

or make a soup with sweet potato, onions, garlic, ginger, chilli, cumin and lime juice. Add a good handful of chopped fresh corriander/cilantro at the end.

Mashed with a little flour added to make a dough and make ghnochi with it

cut lengthways roast and stuff with mexican chicken

YUMMY yummy - now I'm hungry
  • moosegt35
    moosegt35 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    cut it up, put in a glass baking dish, put in a little butter spray or olive oil, sea salt and pepper. Heat oven to 375, cook for 15 minutes, turn and cook for 15 more or until tender.
  • oldernotwiser
    oldernotwiser Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Butternut Squash Cakes

Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 30 Minutes Ready In: 50 Minutes Servings: 4

"Whether you're eating gluten-free or not, this is just a really nice, and very easy, winter dish."

INGREDIENTS:

1 tablespoon olive oil 1/4 cup diced onion 2 cups grated butternut squash, packed 1 teaspoon curry powder 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin 1/2 teaspoon sea salt 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper 1 large egg, beaten 1/4 cup garbanzo-fava bean flour (such as Bob's Red Mill®) 3 tablespoons corn flour (such as Bob's Red Mill®) 2 tablespoons olive oil 1/4 cup sour cream for garnish (optional) 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds for garnish (optional)

DIRECTIONS:

1. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in onion; cook and stir until onion is softened, about 5 minutes. Set aside to cool.

2. Place butternut squash in a large bowl, and season with curry powder, cumin, sea salt, and black pepper. Toss with a fork, then stir in the egg, garbanzo-fava bean flour, and corn flour. Mix in cooled onions.

3. Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Scoop about 1/4 cup of the butternut squash mixture into the pan. Flatten to a patty about 1/4-inch thick. Pan fry until crisp and browned, about 3 minutes per side. Repeat with remaining squash mixture.

4. Top with sour cream and pumpkin seeds before serving.
  • RubySinclair
    RubySinclair Posts: 90 Member
    Options

Mashed with a little flour added to make a dough and make ghnochi with it

Ooooh! I have to try this!

My go-to is just microwaving frozen cubes and smushing up with curry powder.
  • lovethyneighbor
    lovethyneighbor Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Below is a link to a gastronomy website from a local Inn. The link goes straight to their recipe for Butternut Squash Bisque. It calls for heavy cream, but I always make it without to cut the calories. It tastes the same and still has the same consistancy. I have made this a dozen times and love it more every time. Even the picky eaters in the family rave about it. Enjoy!

http://evinsmillcuisine.blogspot.com/search?q=Butternut
  • matthewcorb
    Options
    I'm pretty sure there is one here. I've started following that diet a few months ago, I'm sure your family will like the healthy side of it because healthy living is mostly what you eat.

http://cooklikeacaveman.com

Have fun!
  • boroko
    boroko Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    My family love it mashed with some sweet chilli sauce.
  • cricketdc
    cricketdc Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much guys for all the help, I got overwhelmed and forgot to come back to say EXCELLENT RECIPES!!