Before & During -32 lbs, 1/4 of the way there (PICS)

Options
Frumpy & Lumpy to Shrinking & Sassy!

I debated sharing this success with the MFP world because, well, it seems so small in comparison to what others are posting up here. I did not lose 100 pounds in 3 months, not even in almost a year. I have not dropped 6 sizes and 6 days. NO ONE CAN SEE MY ABS AND MY THIGHS STILL TOUCH! I still have a lot of cellulite! I am still a plus size and still (by ridiculous standards) considered "morbidly obese". But I'm doing this anyway because and I make it a point to celebrate as many points along the way as I can. This is the 1/4 milestone on the way to losing 127 pounds. Even though this ride is going much slower than I anticipated, I'm still very pleased with my results. There were a lot of ups and downs and points where I almost fell off completely but I have not and for that, I'm proud and my pride goes beyond just the numbers on the scale.

In the last 11 months, I've made so many small changes that have added up to a big lifestyle change. I've turned pescetarian, transitioning towards full vegetarian (I only eat fish, and even that is limited), I've joined the gym AND I LIKE IT, I drink my weight in tea daily, take my supplements and I've fought my food issues each step of the way and while I have lost some epic battles, I'm winning the war. Best of all, I feel more and more comfortable in my own skin and content with myself. Even though I'm not exactly where I want to be, I'm learning to love exactly where I am each step of the way. I've met wonderful, inspirational humans on MFP and couldn't have come this far without all of your support and might not make it the rest of my journey without your continued support. So, thanks. :)

Ok, now what you came for, the picts. I'm 5'7". Here we go, weeeeeee!

-Sugar & Spice

295zw53.jpg

53sfmr.jpg

mwffiv.jpg

Keeps cutting off the image text and I don't know why. But it's supposed to read "During: Shrinking & Sassy".

Replies

• Odiliawine
    Odiliawine Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Great job!! You really can tell the huge difference between the pictures and you look amazing!
  • boogiewoogiekar
    Options
    Congrats on the 1/4 way through!! It is a great way to keep yourself motivated. You look great!!
  • Tessp360
    Tessp360 Posts: 1
    Options
    Congrats on hitting a milestone. Keep it up...you're looking great!
  • Aimeebird1
    Aimeebird1 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    FAb! You have done a great job and my hat goes off to you :)
  • Texasparis
    Texasparis Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    You are looking great! Such a difference! And if you don't mind me saying think there's going to be a great shape under the original start shape once you reach goal! Can already see it! Thanks for sharing!
  • Liliansamata
    Liliansamata Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • blanhe2
    blanhe2 Posts: 88
    Options
    Way to go!!!
  • thickntired
    thickntired Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Look at that hourglass figure you've got going on. You are doing amazing. Keep up the good work. :-)
  • dokme
    dokme Posts: 31
    Options
    Awesome job. Keep up the great work.
  • jorgele
    jorgele Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    thanks for sharing, you are doing a great job!!! keep it up
  • nikkiej2012
    nikkiej2012 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    looking good .keep it up!!
  • tk2222
    tk2222 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! You've got so much confidence in those photos it's dazzling. Good on you, for taking things at your own pace.
  • sugarandspice27
    sugarandspice27 Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone!! I know it's not as fast and dramatic as other people, but it's still progress, none the less. I appreciate the support and kinds words.
  • samstorey75
    samstorey75 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Well done, reading your post and pics, your goal and start weight is almost the same as mine and can say your an inspiration to show I can be done, keep up the good work x
  • sugarandspice27
    sugarandspice27 Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Thank you :)
  • Mommybug2
    Mommybug2 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Great Job. I am super impressed at what you have accomplished. Don't sell yourself short by saying that you didn't do it fast or like others did. This journey is about you and making the best you that you can be. Only you know what changes you can make and stick with that will keep you healthy and happy. I think a lot of people think you are supposed to "suffer" during a weight loss journey and that is not a good way of thinking. I'm glad to see that you have accomplished so much while enjoying your transformation.

ETA: Celebrate every milestone :)
  • itzehoe
    itzehoe Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work!!
  • seamanny
    seamanny Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    You look great, keep up the good work! I agree with Mommybug2, don't compare your journey with others. You are making healthy lifestyle changes and seeing the results. Slow and steady wins the race!
  • Tonigirl519
    Tonigirl519 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    congrats...I was once told we should celebrate every step of the journey....and that's just what you're doing...we all have different goals and ends....no two journeys are the same...but yet the same......big ups for you dear
  • bpwparents
    bpwparents Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success so far! Slow and steady wins the race, that's what I keep telling myself. This is a lifetime change right? Little changes makes the goals more attainable and sustainable. Good luck on the rest of your journey!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!