What to Eat at Wetherspoons

Options
I'm going Wetherspoons later with a few friends, and I'm stuck for what to eat, I'll have enough cals left to not worry too much about that side of things, but I'd rather have something tasty, not dripping in oil and if possible with a good amount of protein!

Would love some suggestions of what you choose when eating there!

Replies

• ShellB8585
    ShellB8585 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I usually look at the nutritional value on the website. If i know how many cals etc i have to play with i will make my decision and generally stick to it. Their website is pretty good. I particularly like the sweet chilli noodles but if if having a few drinks i go for something like Gammon egg and chips which is about 780 cals I believe.
    http://www.jdwetherspoon.co.uk/home/food/menu/breakfast/breakfast-9
  • caroleannlight
    caroleannlight Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    they list all the cals on their menu so easy to choose. I always get the fish and chips I am afraid so not much help to you! The menu might be listed on their website?
  • kbeech06
    kbeech06 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Definitely check out the menu on their website.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    They have the nutritional values printed on their menus - its actually one of the easiest places in the UK to eat out in.
  • hollieg91
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions!
  • boroko
    boroko Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I have never eaten there but just looked at their menu online - it's generally pretty heavy on the chips but how about the chicken breast and pepper skewers with peri-peri sauce and a side salad? or Sweet potato, chickpea & spinach curry with extra poppadums instead of naan bread. Other idea is the noodles: Egg noodles tossed in a sweet chilli sauce, with red peppers, spring onion, choy sum, bamboo shoots and carrot.

Enjoy your meal!
  • emzilee
    emzilee Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure they let you swap your chips for a side salad or even boiled potatoes if you ask?

The way they display the calories is pretty useful :)
  • hollieg91
    Options
    Thanks for all the great suggestions, I ended up going for a chicken Balti and splitting the sides, I went for a run this afternoon and altered what else I are so managed to fit it'll my macros/calories for the day!

It is a pretty good placeif your dieting, a lot if the calorie heavy mains only seemed to be that way cause of the sides, which in sure could be swapped for salad/veggies!
  • boroko
    boroko Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the update. Always good to know about different places that work.