Counting Calories

Options
Dawn7664
Dawn7664 Posts: 30 Member
I am 55 years old, 226 pounds, 5 foot 8 inches tall, female. moderately exercise 3 days a week for 45 minutes. I have lost almost 75 pounds so far. BUT.. I am trying to figure out how many calories I should eat per day to loose weight. No matter what I read, what calculators I use I come up with different numbers. Some say to little calories are bad and more is better, I'm confused can you help me determine what my appropriate calories should be to continue to loose weight.

I've been stalled since December and just did the Dr. Oz detox two weeks ago. It did help me jump my body back into weight loss, I lost 6 pounds since. :). I just want to keep it going!

Thanks for your help!

Replies

• humidex8
    humidex8 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    You've already lost a large amount of weight, how much have you been eating so far? Sometimes upping calories and exercise is the best.
    Maybe try a programme like weight watchers where your allowance is based on your weight/height?
  • lambchoplewis
    Options
    Figure out your calories to start losing - include exercise calories. Start logging EVERY day. I weight myself first thing in morning - it keeps me from stuffing things in mouth the day before because I know I will have to face the scale. Don't be discouraged if it goes up a pound or more even if you are doing the program. Then, I log my food and exercise for day and really try to stick to it. It is amazing how calories add up.

Keep with it!!!! You are doing GREAT!!!
  • Dawn7664
    Dawn7664 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I am a weight watcher members and follow my points. I track every morsal that touches my lips. I have my calorie at 1,500 but I don't know if it's correct? I use to stick to 1,200 but when I plateaued most people told me I didn't eat enough so I tried to figure it out but don't know.. Hench asking for help.