P90X - Round 1

Options
Well, I am on day 6 and really enjoying it though my ego doesn't. Anyone else out there doing P90x classic? Join in and let me know!

I have a lot of weight to lose but I want to up the muscle mass so iam doing classic then doubles.

Replies

• teamike
    teamike Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    We are pretty similiar. I am 40 years old, carrying around about 50 extra pounds and currently on week 7 of p90x. This is my first time through. Havent' worked out on over ten years. Some of the workouts are really tough, but I think I am doing pretty well. I will probably need to do at least one more round to get where I really want to be, but I fully plan on getting there.
  • RandyD2012
    RandyD2012 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hey guys,
    I'm 44 and on my second round of P90x. I did it last year and saw amazing results. I only lot about 14 pounds or so. But man did my shape change. Then came summer and I lost it all. Gained back the weight and felt terrible. I told my wife I'd like to try insanity, she got me asylum for Christmas by mistake. I was going to have her send it back and then thought I'd try it. About 3 days in I said this is not working. I was ready to give in. But my competitiveness kicked in and I thought why not try it. I did the pre test and after 30 days I did the post test. I improved 100 to 150% on all the exercises. I then did about 10 or 15 more days and decided to go back to P90. I bought a BMI caliper and found out for the first time in years I was below obese. In the first 3 weeks I have dropped about 10 pounds and lost 4% body fat. One thing I should mention is last year I was eating correctly, this time around I am eating right and seeing better results. Don't give up on P90, it's hard but well worth it. When you are done with 90 days you won't believe the difference. Remember to BRING IT!!! :laugh:
  • DJBTex
    DJBTex Posts: 2
    Options
    Thanks for the encouraging posts guys! I am trying to lose fat and maintain the muscles but I do feel good! I have lost 100+ pounds since 2010 and now want to get down to sub 15% bodyfat. I am on Day 6 (kenpo?)...

have either of you done doubles?
  • bpeffer33
    Options
    Hang in there! The first 2-3 weeks are the hardest and it does get easier. If you are not very fit, you just do your best knowing you can't hang with the people in the video... yet. I love P90X! I'm on my third time around.
  • RandyD2012
    RandyD2012 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I've never done doubles. I find it hard enough to squeeze in the time to do regular P90x. Once I am done with this round I plan on doing an asylum/ P90 hybrid. I'm around 20% BMI right now and want to get to 10 -15. Keep pushing play and bring it!!!