Fitbit or Bodymedia FitLink ??

Options
I need advice on which one of these devices to go with. I've been using the fitbit for 10 months and my second one just broke. I really like my fitbit, but to spend $100 on a third one in less than a year kind of bugs me. So, I'm considering trying something new, like BodyMedia's Fitlink.

Anyone that's tried the Fitlink, can you tell me how you like it? Any other suggestions? Thanks.

Replies

• pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Have you trie contacting Fitbit customer service? I'm sure that if you have ha 2 fitbits in 10 months then it's still under some sort of warranty. If that was me I'd rather try that then failing that buy a new fitbit rather than fork out money to actually look at the data from the bodymedia
  • rachelroma
    rachelroma Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm waiting to hear back from them. When my first one broke they sent me a replacement from Indonesia that got tangled up in customs that I had to pay about $50 of taxes to have it released. I replaced that one with the new Fitbit One in November and it's giving me an error code. I'm waiting to hear back from customer service, but still debating on whether or not it's worth it to deal with that again (even if they were very nice last time).
  • NavyMommy
    NavyMommy Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I have a BodyMedia Link and I really like it. Do you have a smartphone? If not and you're not planning on getting one I would probably go with the Core version, because the only difference I think is the ability to sync up via bluetooth. I love being able to sync mine up several times throughout the day though and get real time workout data on my phone.

I haven't had a FitBit so I can't comment on the differences. However, I chose the BMF instead of the FitBit initially because the FitBit seems like a fancy pedometer, whereas the BMF is supposed to gather information based on your body and use that to figure out your burn. It counts steps too, but I've heard that part isn't as accurate. I do like that the FitBit can be basically hidden. With the BMF if you have a short sleeve shirt on it's going to show. I have had lots and lots of questions about it, which I guess is good and bad.
  • ruthwt
    ruthwt Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I would also contact the company and make sure you don't have to pay for yet another....

Having said that, i have a fitbit, and i love it. One of the reasons i went with it rather than theBodymedia, is the online application is free. For the bodymedia, you get 3 months free, then pay for a yearly subscription.
  • rachelroma
    rachelroma Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the input.

My husband originally got me the fitbit instead of the bodymedia because it's able to be worn under the clothing and the free website. My fitbit is turning on once again and no longer giving me an error so I'm going to wait it out a bit more. I love my fitbit and it is accurate and helpful, I'm just getting annoyed at the high turnover rate.
  • xtanyx
    xtanyx Posts: 53
    Options
    I have the body media fit link for almost a month now. The main reason why i got it was because it came with a free year subscription. paying for a monthly plan was not going to work. so far, i really enjoy it. it really motivates me seeing all my numbers. And it opened my eyes on my horrible sleeping habits. I recommend it, if you can afford it and dont mind having something on your arm all day.