Uhm ... HI?

Options
Galathea
Galathea Posts: 420 Member
Well, I lurk around for a while now. And I guess it's time to say Hello to all you wonderful people here.
This is me: I'm german, probably one of only a handful here. :D
I'm 33 years old and I was overweight my whole life.
Two years ago I got very sick (thyroid) and it messed my body up (completely) I lost a lot of weight (okay, that wasn't soooo bad actually). But it got to a point when it got dangerous and almost killed me. Anyway, in the last two years I gained not all, but alas a lot of my old lbs back. And I'm sooooo tired of it.
Yes, it took a while to get myself to the point where I wanted to change something about me and my life. But I'm finally there. And I'm very motivated.
Like most here I have ups and downs, days when it's easy to stay under my calorie goal and days when it seems I can't do this any longer. But I try to stay focused. And I see first results.
Temptation is a huge problem for me, since I work in a tea and chocolate store (oh boy, you have no idea how hard it is to resist!!! LOL). But I have a goal, something to aim for. My man will come home next year. And I wanna look as good as possible for him and most of all for MYSELF. He supports me a lot, even through the distance. And I don't think I could do this without him. Reaching my goal of 145 lbs is also a way to thank him for this support. Although I know he doesn't care about my weight and loves me regardless, I don't want to feel like the little ugly duck at his side (different to me he is in great shape - boy, what a body). I just don't wanna hear his friends ask him, why the heck he is with someone like me instead with a skinny beauty queen. :P To him the inner beauty counts much more, but lets be honest, looking good and healthy on the outside doesn't hurt as well.
I found a lot of very helpful posts on this site. And the calorie counter is working great for me. I just need some help with motivation now and then. :P
Anyway, I hope to get to know some of you better, as time passes by. We are all on the same journey ... to a healthier body. Send me a friend request, if you want. I gope to find some support here as well as giving some, when needed.

Hugs, Sandy

Replies

• MakeupbyMissVee
    Options
    Welcome! I have family that live in Germany. It is beautiful there. Nice to have you here. ☺ Good luck! You can do this!
  • Mirlyn
    Mirlyn Posts: 256
    Options
    Hi there! I'm in the same boat. My husband is in shape (military) and his friends are all in shape and I don't feel comfortable going out in groups with his friends because I feel like I'll be the ugly fat girl at his side and they'll all be wondering why he married such an oompa loompa :P.

I'm almost exactly the same weight (219.2lbs) so if you want to add me for support I don't mind! :) Welcome again!
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    Hi Sandy!

Welcome to the Site, it's lovely here, I spend more time on here now than Facebook and that's saying something LOL.

I reckon you'll find plenty of support and motivation here too! :flowerforyou:
  • aymetcalf
    aymetcalf Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I've been to Germany and I loved it (does that count???). MFP is great. Best Wishes! :flowerforyou:
  • genann
    genann Posts: 236
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Welcome
  • curiouscat19
    Options
    Well, I lurk around for a while now. And I guess it's time to say Hello to all you wonderful people here.
    This is me: I'm german, probably one of only a handful here. :D
    I'm 33 years old and I was overweight my whole life.
    Two years ago I got very sick (thyroid) and it messed my body up (completely) I lost a lot of weight (okay, that wasn't soooo bad actually). But it got to a point when it got dangerous and almost killed me. Anyway, in the last two years I gained not all, but alas a lot of my old lbs back. And I'm sooooo tired of it.
    Yes, it took a while to get myself to the point where I wanted to change something about me and my life. But I'm finally there. And I'm very motivated.
    Like most here I have ups and downs, days when it's easy to stay under my calorie goal and days when it seems I can't do this any longer. But I try to stay focused. And I see first results.
    Temptation is a huge problem for me, since I work in a tea and chocolate store (oh boy, you have no idea how hard it is to resist!!! LOL). But I have a goal, something to aim for. My man will come home next year. And I wanna look as good as possible for him and most of all for MYSELF. He supports me a lot, even through the distance. And I don't think I could do this without him. Reaching my goal of 145 lbs is also a way to thank him for this support. Although I know he doesn't care about my weight and loves me regardless, I don't want to feel like the little ugly duck at his side (different to me he is in great shape - boy, what a body). I just don't wanna hear his friends ask him, why the heck he is with someone like me instead with a skinny beauty queen. :P To him the inner beauty counts much more, but lets be honest, looking good and healthy on the outside doesn't hurt as well.
    I found a lot of very helpful posts on this site. And the calorie counter is working great for me. I just need some help with motivation now and then. :P
    Anyway, I hope to get to know some of you better, as time passes by. We are all on the same journey ... to a healthier body. Send me a friend request, if you want. I gope to find some support here as well as giving some, when needed.

Hugs, Sandy

Hey Meow.....
    You know I got you, so anytime you need to chat or whatever you know where to get me...........and I'm gonna keep motivating you too just as you will do for me................p/s he is going to love you regardless............