30 day shred - advice

Options
natzkj
natzkj Posts: 127 Member
for peole who have don the 30 day shred and the people who are currently doing it.

i am going to start this work out today. to start off Would you recommend doing the whole dvd or just as much as i can manage? Should i do the workout every day or every other day?

ta x

Replies

• gatorginger
    gatorginger Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kerryoneill22
    kerryoneill22 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Take it one level at a time, it is designed to be done once a day for 28 minutes, however if you feel that you can or want to do more then i suppose it is not going to hurt. I expect that you will probably hurt after the 1st few days, so if i was you i would give youself a couple of weeks just to get into it, before really going for it
  • Goosiesnougs
    Options
    I used 5 lb. weights when I first started. I was shaking and exhausted for the rest of the day! Thankfully it passed! Do as much as you can of the 20 minutes, but really push yourself! There are 2 levels, do what works for you until you can keep up with the harder girl. Just my 2 cents :happy:
    I did it every day, unless I was too sore---i.e. body needs a break (just do some power walking or light jogging on those days)
  • StephieWillcox
    StephieWillcox Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    The 30 DS is a series of 3 workouts, 25 minutes each, level 1, level 2, level 3

You are supposed to do each workout 10 days in a row, then move up to the next level.

However, for most people this is not a sensible plan, and I would suggest doing the appropriate level for 5 days each week, taking 2 rest days.

Essentially means you'll spend 6 weeks on the DVD rather than 4, but lessens the risk of injury.

All up to you how you structure it though
  • jsiricos
    jsiricos Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    If you can do it everyday, more power to you!
    I remember thinking "I'm gonna die" and "I didn't know I had muscles here, or there, or that they'd hurt so much!"

Do it at your pace, do what you can manage
  • IntoTheSky
    IntoTheSky Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    JM has said that it is NOT meant to be done every single day. It is supposed to be 2 days 30ds, 2 days cardio, 2 days shred, a day of rest, repeat.
  • KristyHumphrey
    KristyHumphrey Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I would start off with lighter weights - I used 5lbs the first time and I was REALLY REALLY sore for 2-3 days after. I say do as much as you can. There was one point where I jogged in place till I caught my breath - just do your best!
  • natzkj
    natzkj Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    thanks. just after these few comments i think i am going to try for 5 days on 2 days but obviously if im too sore after the 1stday or 1st and 2nda day i'll rethink.
  • AddyMaeMomma
    AddyMaeMomma Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    You don't HAVE to do each level for 10 days straight. A rest day here and there is fine, so don't worry about that. When I first started, I used no weights for about three days and then started working in 5 pound weights here and there until I could use them for the entire workout. I probably averaged seven to eight days on each level, then I went back and mixed them up for the last week. I loved it, good luck!
  • DixieDarlin1987
    DixieDarlin1987 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Hi! I have 30DS and LOVE it! When I first started I was just getting back in shape after having my son so I started with level one 4-5 days a week for about two weeks. Then I did the same with levels 2 and 3. Eventually I started doubling up and doing two levels at a time and then eventually all three levels. By that point, I was mixing in some of her other dvds as well though so I would only do 30DS about twice a week. But man did I get lean! Just had my 2nd child and I'm getting ready to follow that plan again because it worked so well :)
  • Goshencooks
    Goshencooks Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I don't use it everyday. I alternate between the shred and the treadmill so I don't get burnt out. It took me about a month to move to level 2 and then another to level 3. I prefer level 2 and that is what I use about 3 days a week. After 3 months, it's still exhausting to get through it! In the beginning I would have to stop at times and then start again through the video, but this is ok as long as you are trying! I am happy with the results. No more muffin top for me and I actually wore a tank top and I haven't wore one of those for years because my upper arms looked so flabby.
  • araLeaM08
    araLeaM08 Posts: 20
    Options
    you said you are going to start today, right? Just try it, then if you feel great doing it, then continue it...
    10 days for each level = 9 days of workout + 1 rest day...
    just enjoy what you are doing, and you will get a great result...
    Tomorrow will be my last day for level 3 of 30 DS, and I'm happy for the result, i Lost 6 kg... and i know that you can do it also..
    goodluck to you! :))