What colour is your wardrobe?

Options

Replies

• BBinNC
    BBinNC Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    My closet has been colour coded for quite some time! Additionally, each colour section begins with tank tops, then T shirts, 3/4 sleeve ... I'm sure you get the point lol
    Clothing starts at white (not very much though since I'm a klutz and can't keep a white shirt clean for more than a nano second), yellow, lime green, green, light blue, purple, red, dark blue, gray/silver and black.
    Surprisingly I have about an equal amount of each color except white. I do have more black than anything else though.
  • jsiricos
    jsiricos Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    mines easy to color code, dark blue, med blue, light blue, blue, blue and blue :)
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options

It took me longer to get that one, cause being in the US that word Wardrobe doesn't register for me as a closet. CLOSET, it's a closet.

Fair point.

A bored sift through wikipedia suggests "wardrobe" came about as a place to store a king's robes. Which makes me wonder if peasants in the 15th century just threw their clothes on the floor in the corner. And so, we must not criticise our children who just dump their clothes in the corner of their bedroom as they are merely expressing traditional solidarity for the poor of a bygone era.
  • sammniamii
    sammniamii Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    In order of amounts: BLACK, shades of blue, grey, neon green, neon yellow, "blue jean" and pink.

HOW the heck did PINK get in my closet! I have Pink.... but I have 4 pink shirts! *faints*
  • Absonthebrain
    Absonthebrain Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    My closet is full of black, gray, white and a sprinkle of color.. I try to mix it up but for some reason I keep buying the same color types. :huh: LOL, I need to try harder!
  • IntoTheSky
    IntoTheSky Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    There is way too much hot pink in my closet. I would venture to say that 75% of my clothes ARE or contain hot pink. Even my socks and shoes, hair-holders, workout clothes, pajamas, bras and panties...... its a little disturbing......
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    black, white, grey, navy blue or any shade of turquoise/teal. i have a fair bit of animal print as well though!
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Purple, green, and black. Probably in that order. A few grays, blues, reds, and oranges thrown in, but only a minor bit.
  • RomanaW
    RomanaW Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Lots of black and white for work
    Going out - blue and red
    This spring - having a new passion for bright yellow :)
  • 8goodgirl0
    8goodgirl0 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    95% black. I have a brown jumper, grey trousers and a brown cardigan. I have a brown and white top, and a red and black top. Couple pairs of dark blue jeans
    Everything else is black. Apart from my aikido suit and I never wear that any more.

I do have pink trousers and a variety of coloured t shirts for the gym but I don't count them as real clothes
  • catrinaHwechanged
    catrinaHwechanged Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    I have a little of everything but lots of of black and gray :)
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I organized my closet by color when I moved a few months ago, and I wear so much more of my stuff now. It's easier to put outfits together when you're looking at groups of colors, rather than just racks of random things.

I have one rack for neutrals (black, white, gray, brown, gold, silver) and one rack for color (I went the ROY G BIV route). I have a lot of pink, green, and blue. I've been slowly adding yellow recently.
  • Julettashane
    Julettashane Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    im going to go home after work and color coordinate my clothes
  • fitbum19
    fitbum19 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Your closet sounds like mine. I have some bright blue though, instead of green.
  • rowanwood
    rowanwood Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Mine is black, brown and grey with hints of bright pink and green.

Maybe once I'm less fat, I'll branch out, but I am a ginger and that can be hard.
  • scythswife
    scythswife Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    Before I started losing it was mostly blacks or dark colors. Now that I have started losing I have found myself buying pinks, blues, yellows and lots of color.
  • SquidandWhale
    Options
    I'm a fattie who actually wears colors: reds, blues, greens, purples, and shades of peach. The other day I was walking my dog when I saw my reflection in a store window and realized I looked like a small child--blue pants, teal shirt with a raspberry down-filled vest.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Lots of reds, and lots of peacock colors ... purples, royal blue, aqua, etc.
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    I was wearing a lot of dark/earth colors but lately it's been... coral, mint green, peach, pink, 'tiffany' blue, green, light orange, light blue. The summer clothes that I've been buying are all nice and colorful. I can't wait to wear them. :)
  • Prettymisssparkles
    Prettymisssparkles Posts: 1,274 Member
    Options
    Rainbow madness in mine. I totally color code it that way too. :)

It just makes more sense!

And it looks so pretty! It's a rainbow in my closet! Love it!