What Motivates You?

Options
So when I started this journey a few months back, I realized I need things to keep motivated.

I got a Fitbit for steps - I try to do 10,000 a day, and have my whole family in on it. It's fun.

I started working out everyday doing strength, cardio... something. It's so second nature now, I feel guilty if I miss a day.

I really got into MFP, and that has been one of the best motivators. lots of great friends with interesting stories to tell. And a daily log to keep me on track. Information is power.

And the best motivator of all, so far I have lost 28 lbs and I have had to buy new clothes. Hard to beat that one.

What about you, what keeps you motivated on your journey?

Replies

• gerard54
    gerard54 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    The hulk...
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Well i'll admit i was losing motivation until today's weigh in. and that only happened because i had an appointment with a trainer. so good weigh ins, but preceded by having people that are expecting me to show up, like trainers or workout partners.
  • annepage
    annepage Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Weighing in daily to remind myself how close I am and how hard I've worked so I don't work against my goal by partaking in instant gratification of some sort-like one of those quotes that's been floating around.

My body's response to trying some of the junky foods I used to eat now that it's eaten gotten used to eating healthier.
  • HannnahA
    HannnahA Posts: 1
    Options
    I have a big motivation.
    I am going traveling for 4 months in August and will be spending 3 of those months in a bikini....
    So I need to lose the weight to get a bikini body!
    I've also noticed that eating healthier makes me feel and look better.
    Food tastes better too.

Good luck to everyone in their journey!

:)
  • srey0701
    srey0701 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    MFP friends, seeing the weight on the scale go down, listening to music when working out!

*edit!- because I always forget to add the ticker!!!!!!!!!

8215698.png
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    My Heart
    My Ability to be Super Human
    A Great Tune man
    My Child
    My Bright Future
    My Future Husband(wherever he is)
    Looking in the Mirror at my ABS, Thighs, Buns
  • Cheesebrger1231
    Cheesebrger1231 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    .Getting healthy looking good and really surprising some people at my HS reunion in a few yrs

Oh and if u need some motivation tunes feel free

I think you'll love my "BAMF" playlist on Slacker Radio. You can listen on your phone or computer by visiting http://slacker.com/r/3xn01
  • Amy911Gray
    Amy911Gray Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm....

The sun on my face...
    Knowing I can sit on the floor and stand up without help...
    Taking the stairs so I don't have to wait for the elevator....and knowing I can.
    Clothes that fit...
    The ability to choose to wear heels and not feel as though my feet will pay for it by 2 pm.
    But the best thing that motivates me is....

When others take what I have said about my story and tell me that I am motivation for them to make a change for the better! Gets me every time....
  • anaquay
    anaquay Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Being scared half to death by a routine blood test started me on my weight loss/fitness journey and, so far, I'm terrified of needles and just the thought of regular blood tests is motivation enough for me. The doctor has agreed to give me 6 months to get myself into better shape or we will have to talk about daily medication.
  • bear73000
    bear73000 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    MFP is a great motivation for me. Being able to buy clothes at a normal store! Going out and actually being noticed by others in a positive way.
  • tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    The fact that summer is coming is a big motivator, along with fitting into all the clothes in my wardrobe.