calories

Options
I eat a high protein low fat low carb diet of 1200cals ,,,500 of these cals is fruit ,is this good or bad?????

Replies

• BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    >500 of these cals from fruit
    Then you're not eating low carb. Fruits are carbs.

>Low fat
    Wut? Fat is good for you and an essential nutrient. Dietary fat =/= body fat.
  • chels0722
    chels0722 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Carbs are not as essential as fat and protein. Base your protein off of your weight or LBM, then give a good portion of your calories to fat. Meet/exceed your fat and protein goals and let the carbs fall as they may (fruit included)
  • juliestrain09
    juliestrain09 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    i only eat half of the carb amount the mfp have given me...is this not good???my sugar is always over due to the fruit..
  • juliestrain09
    Options
    what i meant was i eat far less carbs and fat that mfp say i should eat.all my carbs is usually from fruit and veg,i eat very healthy...but noticed my sugar is way over mfp amount due to the fruit.x
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Why not just eat a healthy, balanced diet with carbs, protein and fats? So many people seem to make things harder than they need to be.
  • wibutterflymagic
    wibutterflymagic Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Why not just eat a healthy, balanced diet with carbs, protein and fats? So many people seem to make things harder than they need to be.

THIS!!!! If you don't have any medical issues that warrant restrictions why are you cutting out things?? Your body need carbs and fat. Just eat healthier fats like olive oil, fish, coconut oil, avacodos, nuts etc.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options

THIS!!!! If you don't have any medical issues that warrant restrictions why are you cutting out things?? Your body need carbs and fat. Just eat healthier fats like olive oil, fish, coconut oil, avacodos, nuts etc.

Qouting again for great advice!
  • juliestrain09
    Options
    Thanks for the advice guys...i do eat a healthy high protein diet,i only eat what carbs is in that which is low....a normal day is
    breakfast.........fruit salad,natural yogurt
    lunch................chicken or fish salad and fruit
    dinner..............chicken,turkey,fish or meat and veg or stirfry then fruit or yogurt.

snacks.............nuts,seeds,fruit,
    Can someone tell me if there is anything lacking in this diet???
  • laurengaugler
    laurengaugler Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    For me personally I would eat less fruit and more veggies.