Lost about half of my clothes today

Options
ryssaan
ryssaan Posts: 44 Member
I have been on here for about a month or so but I started losing weight last year. I've lost about 22 lbs so far. I still have about 40 lbs to go. I figured I would go through my closet at this time since it appears as if I fit into 4 different sizes. I have some things that are a 10 and things that range up to a 16. So I ended up getting rid of most of the 16's and 14's though I kept some and now my closet looks pretty empty. I don't have things shoved in there. Going through the clothes made me happy because I could actually see how far I've come and it gives me the incentive to keep going to reach my goa. I can't wait till I have to give away all the 10's and 12's. Thanks to everyone who has supported me on this site. This is a great app and site and I love it.

Replies

• merimeaux
    merimeaux Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    That's great! Keep it up...and start saving for some awesome new threads :D
  • Denimgirl
    Denimgirl Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Every bit of encouragement is a help. But I would have to say nothing would encourage me more than being able to pack up Too Big clothes instead of packing away too small clothes.

Good for you!
  • nikicoleman
    nikicoleman Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    It sure is wonderful. I cry when I have to go somewhere now, I have no clothing in my present size. I've come from a size 22 I'm now at just about a 16 and I'm just about out of clothing. I put on a skirt today for church and it fell back down--and my belts are now big--it's a wonderful feeling...but I don't want to waste any money on clothing when I don't plan to stay a 16 either. :( I plan to go to a Salvation Army/Good Will store to just get maybe 3 capris/shorts and some shirts so I can survive the interim.

Keep up that great work!!!!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    That's great. There's something therapeutic about just chunking some clothes, isn't there?
  • Melanie1967
    Melanie1967 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Good job! I really need to do the samething, but think I am afraid of maybe needing them again. I hope that never happens, but this is the first time I have ever made it this far trying to loose weight. Wonderful job, and keep up the good work! I love MFP also, but remember, they give us the tools, but it's up to me and you to use them. Pat yourself on the back for that part!!
  • ryssaan
    ryssaan Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Safety pins worked for me for a little while.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!