25--Newly Divorced--Looking for Change!

Options
Hey y'all! I'm Sam, I'm 25 and recently divorced and looking to completely change my life! Right now I'm sitting at 219 lbs at 5'1. I definitely need all the support and encouragement that I can get.

Replies

• dezcast
    dezcast Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Hey Sam!! Sorry to hear about your divorce, that's awful! Add me if you want :)
  • tx_angel77
    tx_angel77 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi Sam, I'm Angela and would love to offer my support. Single mom of two boys. Friend me if you want.
  • ThisIsCharity
    ThisIsCharity Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hey I'd love to help motivate you along the way! Even though I'm not divorced I'm a mommy and I know with kids just how hard staying healthy can be!
  • Karri_Lynn
    Options
    Hi Sam! You can do this! Im here if you need support! Would love to offer encouragement!
  • gloriaallen36
    gloriaallen36 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me :smile:
  • SamtasticLife
    Options
    Thanks, everyone!
  • Alyssah09
    Alyssah09 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Hey ! My name is Alyssah and I am 21 and sitting at 217 right now, I would LOVE to get down to about 160ish by July of 2014 is my goal! I will send you a friend request :)
    *Sorry to hear about the divorce :(
  • charlesnapolitano
    charlesnapolitano Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    If you want sam add me I am sure we can support each other!!!
  • amynicole0410
    Options
    I'm 28 and fairly recently divorced.. in the same boat! I gained a lot during my divorce/end of my marriage. Went from a healthy weight of 125ish to 152 (I'm 5'2). I felt so sluggish and hopeless and rejected and spent a LOT of time drinking and being lazy and feeling gross.

I've been working my butt off - jogging in the morning, workout videos at night, watching my calories - and I started a Biggest Loser-type competition with the ladies in my department at work, which helped a lot. (I'm winning, by the way!) I've dropped about 20 pounds since the beginning of January! I'm still working on it.. and dang it, I'll be in a bikini this summer lookin' HOT.

Stick with it!! You can do this! You will feel SO much better. Do whatever it takes to stay motivated. Investing the time and effort made SUCH a difference to me. I sincerely wish you the very best!!
  • minni2906
    minni2906 Posts: 182
    Options
    24 and my divorce is pending so I'm in the same boat. Last august I was down to 197 but I gained it all back and now I sit at 212.8 again. I am so ready to get the weight off again and more!!
  • enewsome2
    enewsome2 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I'm 25 and just got divorced as well. Bummer!

I'm also 5'1". I'll add you.

Congrats on your decision. Getting healthier has helped me a lot so far.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    I think Obama knows where it is.
  • ash8184
    ash8184 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Your life is just beginning... you're so young, get ready for adventure! :)
  • Sweet_Gurl_Next_Door
    Sweet_Gurl_Next_Door Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I've been divorced since 2003 you are welcome to add me
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Sending FR now! I've been divorced since 2006 and that's when I REALLY stepped up my fitness! Welcome! Now it's time for YOU!
  • rob1976
    rob1976 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    "Living well is the best revenge."
    ---George Herbert
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    In for the man bashing!
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    In for the man bashing!

I'll bash you.
  • Jziller
    Jziller Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I was divorced at 26. It was a hard journey but I don't regret it at all. I didn't realize how strong I was till I signed those papers. 3 year later I married to the most amazing man ever.
  • Barbie5477
    Barbie5477 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You can add me too. I am mother of 3 girls and married. But i have been in your shoes. Sometimes heartbreak is a good motivation ,because you want to get rid of anything that reminds you of it and you need a new you. And you say look at me even though this happened i am strong and beautiful and i can accomplish anything. And to the people that thought different " Eat your heart out" This is time for you to become the person you know you have always been. Good Luck Hun!!!