Lemon with Water

Options
Besa27
Besa27 Posts: 37 Member
Hello everyone,

I drink water with lemon juice all day. Is that healthy? I squirt some lemon juice and add 48 ounces of water. << I drink six of these a day.

Replies

• blu_meanie_ca
    blu_meanie_ca Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    What ill health effects were you afraid of/anticipating?
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    Not healthy at all. Your insides have now been scrubbed clean and smell lemony fresh. :wink:
  • ZyheeMoongazer
    ZyheeMoongazer Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I have never heard of anything bad about drinking lemon water, quite the opposite actually.
  • alasin1derland
    alasin1derland Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Lemon is suppose to be excellent. If I remember correctly it assists with liver function. My only concern would be if you are removing the rind in case of spray used at the orchards.
  • eggsmilkbread
    eggsmilkbread Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Nope, expect to drop dead within a week or two.
  • Annette_rose
    Annette_rose Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I cut up fresh lemon and put in my water also. It seems that research has shown fresh lemon to be a benefit. But we all know that research is what it is; coffee is good for us one day and bad the next, lol. I will stick with the fresh lemon in my water because it just makes it all that much more refreshing to me.
  • clperrett
    clperrett Posts: 33
    Options
    I drink hot water and lemon every morning. I love it

The acid in the lemon might not be good for tooth enamel but I am just guessing
  • Sarge516
    Sarge516 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I did the same, I don't see a problem.
  • lamos1
    lamos1 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I would just drink it once every other day. The acid is bad for the enamel on your teeth. You're doing more harm than good and also the acid may be too much for your insides too! Although, It does have its benefits, I might add. I drink it too with honey!
  • Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    The ayuvedic doctor my girlfriend saw has forbidden her from consuming lemon or its juice. He claims it's hard to digest. Personally, though, I find that hot water with lemon helps with digestion (and it's great for the skin!) so I'm not going to stop drinking it.
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    I put cucumber slices in my water, AM I DOOMED?!
  • MileHighTexan
    MileHighTexan Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    The acid in the lemon might not be good for tooth enamel but I am just guessing
    [/quote]

^^^That would be my only concern. I drink mine through a straw.
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    It should be fine, but I hope you're not including this concoction into your 8 glasses a day. Once you put anything into water it is NOT water...it is a water-based beverage and does not count!!
  • coffee_rocks
    coffee_rocks Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I filter my water through coffee grounds, and then add cream and sugar. I'm still alive, and surely a little lemon would be better for you than that..

Seriously, though, unless you are drinking a LOT of lemon juice, the water probably dilutes it enough to lessen the concern about your tooth enamel, and as for digesting lemon, I've never heard of that being an issue.

I say if it keeps you hydrated, enjoy!
  • 1jobean
    1jobean Posts: 84
    Options
    My husbands Dr told him to put lemon juice in his water, apparently it helps to keep kidney stones from forming. He hasnt had one since.
  • LittleMissDover
    LittleMissDover Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    It should be fine, but I hope you're not including this concoction into your 8 glasses a day. Once you put anything into water it is NOT water...it is a water-based beverage and does not count!!

*Hoping there's some sarcasm in there*
  • JewelSmith
    JewelSmith Posts: 155 Member
    Options

Right..
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options

Who, me? Never.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    My only concern would be why you're drinking close to 300 ounces of water a day? That is excessive and will cause more problems than any lemon could.
  • prudism
    prudism Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I put cucumber slices in my water, AM I DOOMED?!

hahahaha lollollo

low survival rate as far as i know