Painful hunger, even right after eating

Options
julies90
julies90 Posts: 646 Member
So lately, I've been doing really well...eating clean, working out, eating enough, but for the fast few days I have a constant hunger pain in my stomach, even after eating a 400 calorie meal. It is getting really annoying....eating more doesn't seem to be helping. Does anyone know of reasons or causes for this?

Okay, I added what I ate yesterday. I was constantly in pain all day...;S

oh< and I had tons of water

Bananas - Raw, 0.75 small (6" to 6-7/8" long)
Milk - Nonfat (fat free or skim), 0.75 cup
Cereal - All-Bran Flakes , 1 cup (34g)

Lunch
Lettuce - Green leaf, raw, 1 cup shredded
Cucumber - With peel, raw, 0.5 cup slices
Apetina Light - Feta Cheese - Crumbled, 2 tbsp
Mt. Olympus - Greek Balsamic Salad Dressing, 1 tbsp
Julie's Homemade - Coconut Flour Bread, 1 slice baked
Kraft - All Natural Peanut Butter (Cdn), 0.5 tbsp (15g)
Julie's Homemade - Coconut Flour Bread, 0.75 slice baked
Aldis Fit&Active - Sugar Free Red Rasberry Jam, 1 TAB

Dinner
Longkou - Vermicelli Green Bean Thread Rice Noodles, 20 grams (1/5 package)
Freshdirect - Beef Stir-Fry Strips, 2 oz
Soy sauce, 1 tbsp
Mccormick - Steak Diane Sauce With Garlic, 67 ml
Mann's - Vegetable Medley - Carrots, Broccoli, Cauliflower, Steamed, 0.4 cup 10

Snacks
Sabra - Hummas - Roasted Garlic, 2 tbsp
Compliments - Baby Carrots, 1 cup
Homemade - No-Bake Energy Bites (Oats, Flaxseed, Peanut Butter, Chocolate Chips, Honey), 2 ball
Nuts - Cashew nuts, raw, 0.5 oz
Dried Fruit - Apricot, 25 grams

Replies

• blu_meanie_ca
    blu_meanie_ca Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Gas or thirst. Either of those will cause pain that feels like extreme hunger.
  • nickpdesign
    nickpdesign Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Let us know what you are eating for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snack. Maybe a food allergy, or your body is reacting wrong to something? Are you eating new foods that your body isn't use to, or are you just hungry all the time?

When I would take my Green Tea Extract pill in the morning it caused my stomach to be upset. So I cut that out. Try drinking more water or some hot tea?
  • nickpdesign
    nickpdesign Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    That day looks good, and I don't see anything out of the ordinary except your fiber intake could of been higher than usual. Maybe your body is adjusting to all the goodness you are giving it. If it continues I would go see a doctor just to make sure it's not a food allergy or anything gastrointestinal.

Good luck!
  • bokodasu
    bokodasu Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    And not to scare you, but an ulcer can also feel like hunger pains. (This is a worst-case scenario, though.)

Best to go see a doctor - they can help you figure out if it's a food sensitivity or whatever. If you can't, you can at least start with an elimination diet and see if that clears things up.
  • MrsHRogers
    Options
    I had then when I was pregnant, lol! I was constantly starving with hunger pains.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    I think there is a possibility that you are feeling painful hunger.......

because you aren't eating enough food to fuel your body and your activity level. I only saw a few meals that reached 400 in your diary. Maybe try eating a few hundred calories more a day even - you diary shows 200+ calories a day leftover that you should be eating at least!
  • erinsings
    erinsings Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Have you been taking anything like Naproxen/Ibuprofen/Acetaminophen lately that you don't normally take? I had similar symptoms happen when I started taking Naproxen. I don't know if I was sensitive to it or what, but the warnings do say you can have ulcer like symptoms and should stop taking it immediately.

It didn't matter if I took it with or without food.

Just thought I'd mention it cause the symptoms sounded so similar!
  • Abells
    Abells Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    **Do you normally eat that many veggies?? Cause that sometimes does that me. Or try cutting out the dairy. Things can develop overtime.
  • Alamo0809
    Alamo0809 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Looks like a lot of good comments... one being a doc appt if things don't improve. I would like to add... slow down... Gulping water, not chewing adequately, chewing gum will add air to your digestive and make you feel like you are hungry but you are just stressing your digestive process.
  • agibson0430
    agibson0430 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I had this same feeling at one time while in college. It seemed this "hunger pain" got worse at night when I was trying to sleep - it seriously felt as if I was starving! After all meals I too would still feel "hungry" and then it got to the point where it was hard to eat a meal because of this nagging pain. After several days of this I went to the infirmary and the doctor told me it sounded like I had a mild ulcer. He prescribed me Mylanta to take for a week - took as orderd and I was fine afterwards.
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    sounds like indigestion. Not hunger pains.
  • zenchild
    zenchild Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Reflux can cause weird symptoms like that.
  • Thats_Mike
    Options
    Hi!

I'm not an expert or a doctor and maybe you should consult with a PT or a doctor.

However I think you should not keep a strict low calorie and low fat diet for too long.
    We all need several different nutrients, vitamins and such..

When it comes to hunger though I think you should not drink too much water.
    The stomach is an incredible organ that adjust to how much you eat, volume of food.
    One trick when you start eating less is to drink water while/after you eat to fill up your stomach.
    So, if you drink to much water you might just make the hunger worse.

Also I would reccomend eating high fiber oatmeal with milk (1,5% fat) for breakfast.
    Try to eat proper food that will fill your stomach like high fiber pasta, chicken, tuna and so on so that your stomach have something to digest.
    Salads breaks down fast and don't really fill your stomach and too little food will make that acid that is in your stomach start corrode(?) your stomach instead, much like too much stress can cause ulcers..

Avoid high calorie food with little nutrients like white bread, choose whole wheat instead.
    Skip the dressings and such..

My trick to stay fit is a mix of diets in periods.
    Low fat and calorie diet for 2-3 weeks and then 2-3 weeks with less focus on the weight (keeping the low fat diet) and focus on high intensity training, what will burn calories fast will have a better after burn effect as well, and focus on eating proteins to feed the positive weight growing (muscles).

But as mentioned, consider talking to a doctor since having ulcers are really bad..

Hope this gave you some guidence.
  • shiloreis
    shiloreis Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am having this same problem right now!! I keep telling my husband I want to give up on this diet because I feel like I am starving all the time?! I have been trying to count calories to help me lose weight and I think it is starving me! ha ha Please keep coming with the information, I need help trying to convince myself I am not starving and I should keep going!?
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    folks it's simple. if you're HUNGRY you need to EAT MORE

"diet" be damned. A "diet" isn't about eating less. It's about eating RIGHT.

however, if it doesn't go away with increased caloric intake, you should absolutely see a doctor.