Best Meal replacement Drinks? Whey?

Options
Hi I've been using my fitness for almost 3 weeks. I am looking for the best meal replacements that don't have a ton of sugar in them, and one that will make me feel full. I heard that whey & protein products can make yopu feel full, but it seems that many of these are for body builders. I work out 6 -7 days a week, and have changed my eating habits, but still feel like I'm not eating correctly. Any suggestions???

Replies

• AAL94LBB
    AAL94LBB Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for that too!
  • pollyineedtobeskinny
    Options
    BUMP
  • shlee1182
    Options
    I really like the meal replacement shakes from Nutrilite - 3g Fat, 3g Fiber, 15g Carbs, 15g protein - 11 g sugar....very fulling and actually taste good! :)
  • SStrauss79
    SStrauss79 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I've llost 50lbs since October. I've used Visalus shakes but most recently using Body Fortress Whey. Both have worked great for me. I have small bullet type blender. I throw in about 4 ice cubes, 1 cup of milk, almond milk, or whatever you choose for the liquid, than a handful of berries (if berries are frozen you can skip the ice cubes), handful of spinach, and the protein powder. Very good and it keeps my full. I will have a small snack though about an hour later just because I'm used to eating all throughout the day.
  • rvagnoni
    rvagnoni Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Whey isn't just for bodybulders. Yes they would most likely use consume more of it than the average person. However it is beneficial to non-bodybulders as well. Just watch the sugar and fat content in some brands.
  • shlee1182
    Options
    you can buy them online at Amway.com from a business owner - and if you dont like them they have a 180 guarentee awesome :)
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    just be careful those meal replacements do not have:

1. fake sugar
    2. things your body cannot digest (silica for example)
  • Oakley82
    Oakley82 Posts: 53
    Options
    I drink the Walker Meal Replacement from Vitacost. Only 1g of sugar 7g of carbs and it has 24g of protein. 2 scoops is 180 calories. I usually have that for breakfast since I don't have much of an appetite in the morning. I mix 1 scoop of vanilla and 1 of chocolate together with 10 oz of water and 4 ice cubes and blend it up. That's a little more water/ice than the directions call for, but I prefer it that way. They have banana and strawberry which I have heard are good, but haven't tried it yet. I'm ordering those next. :smile:
  • stongjos
    stongjos Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I try my best to eat three balanced meals everyday, but when I'm in a rush, I sometimes turn to Carnation Instant Breakfast because of its high content in iron (50%). It tastes great, and fills me up. It was suggested to me by a nutritionist for my son who doesn't eat meat and needed a little more iron.
  • Joana0531
    Joana0531 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Try making your own "Green Smoothies” They are great for breakfast on the go and a light dinner option. I am currently making mine with Kale, Spinach, bananas, green apple, pineapple spears, and flaxseed.
  • shortie1am
    Options
    I like GNC's Total Lean Shake in the Swiss Chocolate flavor. Not sure if it is technically a meal replacement shake but it has a lot of protein so it is very filling.
  • Gingerkid05
    Gingerkid05 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I like Shakeology from Beachbody
  • jessykab74
    jessykab74 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I use Designer Whey double choc. It only has 100 cal, 6g carbs and low sugar. I also have a bullet and add Almond Milk and some fruit to it (frozen or fresh). I even sometimes put almonds in it too. If you want more of a smoothy you can put in greek yogart instead of the almond milk. I drink mine within a few minutes of working out. Not only does it fill you up cause of all the protein but it helps build your muscles back up. Adding this to my diet a couple months ago was honestly the best thing I have done. It is super good too, so to me it is a treat for after working out so hard.

Jessica
  • Amberh82
    Amberh82 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I love my shakeology (the chocolate one only). It has a lot of nutrients in it (which is why I chose it).

I've actually been using the shakeology every day during the week for like 2 months to see if what they claim is true....and I haven't gotten sick while everyone around me has (and i'm a sickling...) and it's busy season for me and it actually does give me the energy to get through the day (12 hour work day) so to me it is worth it.

I'm actually a coach (which means I sell it) so if you want to know more about it, you can send me a message. I also have a chart that compares most of the protein shakes side by side if you want. :smile:
  • dad4192
    dad4192 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I have been drinking the Boost premixed shakes. 1 per day for breakfast, on occasion 1 in the evening as a snack. Not sure how good it is for me. I looked them up before I bought them, most seemed to think they were good. My only concern is the sugar. 23g per serving. Takes about 1/2 of my allocation for the day.
  • sitastar2004
    sitastar2004 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info. Where do you buy the designer whey?
  • sitastar2004
    sitastar2004 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    If you can send me the chart that would be great. I have looked into Shakeology, but it's a little expensive.
  • adsaylor
    adsaylor Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Have you ever thought of drinking shakeology?
  • summersbest
    summersbest Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Have not liked any of the protein powders I have tried so have a meal replacement protein shake every day for breakfast and it is quite good.

Premeir protein shake

160 calories
    3g fat
    5g carbohydrates
    3g fibre
    1g sugar
    30g protein

Costco has the best price with a case of 18 drinks costing $28 or $29.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I've tried just about everything out there. There is no such thing as a drink that makes me feel full. Homemade hemp milk made into a smoothie with a banana and protein powder will come close, but even then, it only lasts about an hour and I'm hungry again. Food is where it's at, GF!