When can I fit into 14's??

Options
I am currently a snug size 16. I can't wait until I can drop down to the next size. It would be a great motivator to continue! I know it is different for everyone, but how much weight did you all have to lose to get down to the next size. Thanks!!

Replies

• Nina74
    Nina74 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Usually 10 lbs is one size. So I'd say 10-15 lbs. Depends on your body and where you lose fat first/tone up.
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    I would say 10 lbs too, that is the average. I had to lose about 15 or more before I went to a 14 from a 16, but I am short 5'2. It depends on how tall you are also.
  • KiriKiriKiri
    KiriKiriKiri Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    It depends... at first it was anywhere from 10-15 lbs. Now it's a matter of inches because I am tightening and toning (yet having a hard time getting the last lbs off). Keep up the great work!!!!!!!!!
  • jyt2573
    jyt2573 Posts: 80
    Options
    Right now, I am between a 14 and a 16. (I thought I was a snug 16 until I tried on dresses this weekend and the 16's were a bit baggy!!:laugh: ) Right now, I weigh 189lbs. I lost weight 5 years ago, and at 189, I was a comfortable 14. I must be storing more in my hips and butt than I did last time. Hope this helps...
  • tissyazd
    tissyazd Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I would say 10 lbs too, that is the average. I had to lose about 15 or more before I went to a 14 from a 16, but I am short 5'2. It depends on how tall you are also.

I'm 5'7
  • YogaRunner
    YogaRunner Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    I definitely say it has to do more with inches. I was wearing a 12-14 when I started this journey and I have only lost 11 pounds. However, I am now wearing a size 6-8. I lost 6 inches from my waist and 5 inches from my hips within 90 days doing mostly strength training and that was the key that got me to drop the sizes. Keep the faith and keep up the good work!
    Risa
  • futballuvr73
    futballuvr73 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I got to buy 14s last weekend and I am now around 178. I'm 5'3" but have a pooch up front. My biggest issue to getting into the 14s before has been an 'apron' of loose skin hanging over my lower belly. Even tho it's still there it's obviously gotten smaller!. My waist still measures around 38", if that helps.
    I know how you feel and am sending happy karma your way for those 14s to fit! Good luck! And if one brand is too tight, try another! Mine were St. John's Bay from JCPenneys.
  • sandara
    sandara Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    I currently weigh 178 and am 5'5" tall. I can wear some 14's and some 16's. My dress pants for work were way too baggy and I replaced them this weekend. The baggy ones were size 16 short and the new ones that fit perfectly are size 16 short! I have some size 16 blue jeans that are getting loose and some size 16's that are still too tight. I even have 2 pairs of size 12's that fit just fine. Go figure, women's clothing sizes are terrible.

:noway:
  • KiriKiriKiri
    KiriKiriKiri Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Not only women's sizing...but Old Navy sizing is funky too!!! When I was a 6 in most clothing, I would wear a 0 or 2 through Old Navy and at the time, I was DEF not a 0-2!!! Women's sizing can be funky. I would go more on measurements. Be proud of your accomplishments and keep up the great work!