Balancing jogging and Myfitnesspal

Options
Has anyone figured out how to balance jogging and myfitnesspal? I seem to need more food since I started c25k although I am exercising for less minutes than I used to. Any suggestions?

Replies

• Paul76
    Paul76 Posts: 158
    Options
    I run 4-5 times per week and try to eat back half of those calories. I find my running doesn't suffer.

For example, my calorie target with no excercise is 1680. So, if I do a run that burns 600 additional calories, I eat 1680 + 300 (half the run) or 1980 that day. Still lose weight but have enough energy for my runs.
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    Running is one of the best ways to burn a lot of calories in the least amount of time. So even though you are spending less time to cover the same distance, you are more than likely burning more calories. Do you have a Heart Rate Monitor? Best way to be accurate. Congrats on your journey through C25K. I love it. Now my daughter is doing too.
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    I started to eat half my exercise calories about halfway into my c25k program. Once I got to the longer runs I found myself needing more fuel.
  • theresea1231
    theresea1231 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Thanks y'all!