Feeling Defeated.. (pics)

Options

Replies

• MonicaT1972
    MonicaT1972 Posts: 512
    Options
    Hire a trainer start lifting weights and make sure you are eating clean and you will see the results you are looking for in changes in your body shape, but you may see the scale go up instead of down due to the changes. You have to decide if you want the shape or your body to change or the numbers to go down. Where you are right now you most likely will not get both.
  • MeIShouldB
    MeIShouldB Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    So, i started tracking food and exercising regularly on 1/1/13. I have been pretty good at it and i dropped about 10 lbs pretty quickly. I started at 144.5 and am now at 134.2 as of today. For the past 2 weeks i have been feeling like my weight just does not move in the right direction. I was down to 132.2 and am now at 134.2 . I exercise 5 times a week (treadmill, elliptical, group classes) and eat pretty healthy for the most part... I am 5'6 and i have my calories set at 1450 + eat back exercise calories..
    Not sure what to do but just thought i'd share my frustration with you.

First pic is me at 144.5 lbs
    Second one is at 137 lbs
    Third one was taken today
    I don't see any difference and it makes me even more frustrated.

My goal weight is 125 lbs.

I'll be honest. I think the fact that I have always been a BIG girl all of my life is making it hard for me see the problem here. Because the stomach in ALL those pics is one I wish I had. I think you look fabulous in all of them.
  • babyblooz
    babyblooz Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I think I'm the only one, but to me this post just screams LOOK AT ME! LOOK AT ME! Please. You know you look fab. :yawn:
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    Holy crap girl, you look incredible in ALL of your pics. I’d give *anything* to look like your “before” pic! :D
  • kasiewest
    kasiewest Posts: 11
    Options
    Awesome words of advice, I am going to print them out and put on my mirror! Thanks

And this girl looks amazing, like you said a vital organ to look this good
  • coacherik
    coacherik Posts: 73
    Options
    You look amazing, you can see the definition starting to develop... It is always harder for us to see it in ourselves, than for others to see it in us. Keep up the hard work... you will go from Amazing to... DAMN GIRL!!!
  • Cyclink
    Cyclink Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    First of all, I see absolutely NO defeat in those pictures. You look amazing. You've lost 10 pounds and you are not that big to begin with, so the changes are subtle.

There are a lot of women on here who have gotten great results with the New Rules of Lifting for Women book. Based on the results I've been seeing, that seems like a good start.
  • skincy
    skincy Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I am trying to find the problem here. You don't need to lose weight at all. How bout build some muscle and tighten up if you want to do something, if you think you look bad. Personally I think you would too skinny any lower.
  • xjckemx
    xjckemx Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I also think u look great in all 3 pics. But can definitely see the change from 1 st to 3rd. But I know myself it's hard to see on your own body. I can't see any difference on me but hubby does ( or he being nice)
  • freebird777
    Options
    I think I'm the only one, but to me this post just screams LOOK AT ME! LOOK AT ME! Please. You know you look fab. :yawn:

was JUST thinking the same exact thing. i would tell her what i tell my middle school students..."you don't need to make noise for me to notice that you're there...i see you!"

girl...you know you look good...and now you're getting validation you need.
  • BrainsOnGains
    BrainsOnGains Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    pants just got tight ...
  • VoodooLuLu
    VoodooLuLu Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Really you dont like the way you look? ill trade you anyday.....nuff said ...
  • dmkirk28
    dmkirk28 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    There is a difference...a small one, but the fact that your hip bones are showing the way they are makes me think that you should worry less about the scale and start to focus more on body recomposition.

Also - you might want to put a warning about your pics not exactly being safe for work...

Ah yeah...a little weird....to look at while at work, completely caught me off guard!
  • strikerjb007
    strikerjb007 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Personally, I don't see any issue on any of those pics. There are differences on all 3 though.

I have a question. What kind of body are you trying to achieve? Saying I want to be 125 lbs. is not a goal. I am sorry but your weight has very little to do with how you look.
  • dimsumkitty
    dimsumkitty Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    There's definitely a difference! I can see definition in your abs in the third picture and your thighs are looking really slim :)
  • AmandaW01
    AmandaW01 Posts: 138
    Options
    You look really good - I'm the same height as you and my goal is another 10lb ABOVE where you are now! If I can get to 150lb I will feel like I've reached goal - if I drop below 140 I look ill! You need to worry less about the scale and more about composition - but I really don't see the problem - you look fantastic - you have NOTHING to lose. I completely agree with the suggestions re weights - but bin the scale cos those numbers mean nothing - there are girls the same height as us 150lb+ who have kick *kitten* bodies cos they train - as someone said to me, would you give a damn what the scales say if you are 2 dress sizes smaller and can crack nuts with your butt ;-)
  • coe28
    coe28 Posts: 715 Member
    Options

was JUST thinking the same exact thing. i would tell her what i tell my middle school students..."you don't need to make noise for me to notice that you're there...i see you!"

girl...you know you look good...and now you're getting validation you need.

• JJordon
    JJordon Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    You know, there are some women out there that would straight up murder people for your curves right now, yes? You've pretty much won. Lift some weight, put on some muscle and watch that BF% drop like a rock.
  • misssbluiz
    misssbluiz Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    @ strikerjb007 I want to fit in size 26 jeans, then i would not care how much i weight.
  • MonicaT1972
    MonicaT1972 Posts: 512
    Options
    I thought the same thing...someone needs attention......but then I thought more....people in he op's shape can have body issues just like those of us that would love to have her body. We all have things we are not happy with on our body. Who are we to judge her for looking the way we would kill to look and not being happy about it???