This is what 6 months of dedication looks like

Options
junebaby21
junebaby21 Posts: 260 Member
Today is the 6th month anniversary of my joining MFP. It has been a life changer.

I have never had low self esteem, but I was in denial about how I looked. I did not believe that I was overweight, but I did know I was out of shape and I wasn’t conscious of my food choices. Looking back at my pictures, I am amazed at how I looked.

THEN: I started this journey at 198 pounds on September 21, 2012. 32 BMI. Chest/waist/hips measured at 40-36-44.
NOW: Today, on March 21, 2013, I have lost 35 pounds. My current weight is 163 and BMI is 26. At my last measurement, my CWH were 39-30-39.

I have lost 6 dress sizes, 5 pant sizes, 2 shirt sizes, 1 shoe size (yup!), 1 belt size
I have gained more energy and a longer, healthier life.

When I made the decision to live a healthier life, I jumped right in by working out 4-5 times a week, even if it was just going for a 30 minute walk. My favorite exercise in the beginning was water aerobics, because it was a low pressure class that made me excited to go to the gym. Today I am active in many group fitness classes, but my favorite is kickboxing. I work out 6 days a week and plan all of my meals ahead of time. I have a major love affair with the Stairmaster (something I never thought I’d say). I am starting to train for my first 5k.

Here are some of my stats:
9/21/12: Started MFP @ 198 lbs / 32 BMI
10/1/12: Joined gym
10/21/12: -10 lbs (188 lbs)
11/3/12: Achieved "Overweight" BMI (29.9)
11/10/12: -15 lbs (183 lbs)
12/9/12: - 20 lbs (178 lbs)
1/2/13: Got a Polar FT4 Heart Rate Monitor
1/4/13: -25 lbs (173 lbs)
2/4/2013: Achieved driver license weight (170 lbs)
2/7/2013: -30 lbs (168 lbs)
3/16/2013: -35 lbs (163 lbs)

My MFP friends have continually given me excellent advice. I bounced ideas off of them every time I hit a plateau or have a general question. I want to especially thank @fortebelle_verna for her unending commitment to her healthy lifestyle and her MFP friends. I saw her burning 1000+ calories with each gym visit, and I thought there was no way I would ever be able to accomplish that. She told me to start by aiming for a 500 calorie burn with every visit to the gym, which I thought was crazy!! But slowly I started to work my way up – and now I am burning 1000+ calories several days a week. Thank you, Verna. You have been my northern star, and I hope to pay it forward to my MFP friends.

Although the scale does not define me, I am the happiest I remember being.

I now see that what you put in your body affects your daily life. I don’t have a goal weight, although my ticker does say 50 lbs. I would like to be in the “Healthy” BMI range, which is still in another 7 lbs.

I was encouraged by my MFP friends to make this post, and I hope it has inspired someone. Blessings to you on your journey!

BEFORE PICS:
11w7j8o.jpg
34j2fx0.jpg
2cqk67r.jpg

AFTER PICS:
v6uu.jpg
4sh06a.jpg
e5r328.jpg
8yuhq0.jpg

Replies

• stephanj
    stephanj Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Wow! how are you not in the healthy BMI range? You look gorgeous! Nice dedication, great work :-)
  • teebeegeebee
    teebeegeebee Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Way to go - what an amazing transformation - you must be so pleased
  • tlatkinso
    tlatkinso Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous...but better than that, your attitude is what inspires! Way to go!
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    Wow, well done! We have pretty much the same measurements actually, although I started off at 220 and am 161 now. It's great to see how good you look, because I don't see myself the same way! Maybe I should!
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    congrats to you, you sassy lady! love your style :) looking fierce!
  • Mrs_Wellington
    Options
    wow! well done,you look amazing.I have about the same amount of weight to lose as you have just done and looking at your pics has shown me how much of an astonishing difference can be made.You look so much younger too.( that wasn't supposed to mean you looked old before tho! lol! You must be really proud of your achievement,and rightly so.You are an inspiration.:smile:
  • Linli_Anne
    Linli_Anne Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Amazing job! You look like a whole new person. . .some fierceness in those eyes!!
  • soniabogonia
    soniabogonia Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    Amazing! So proud of you! :flowerforyou:
  • Kat5343
    Kat5343 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!! You look great!! It is amazing how much younger we all end up looking when we shed the extra weight. Excellent perk!!
  • shells1234
    shells1234 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Wow great work!! You looking younger and healthier keep up the good work!!
  • Marie_25
    Marie_25 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Wow, look amazing. Congratulations on your amaxing transformation. Very inspiring. 198 was my starteing weight too!
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    Very pretty!:flowerforyou:
  • Alana150
    Alana150 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    You look fantasmic! Awesome job! :flowerforyou:
  • rahlpn
    rahlpn Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous! Definite inspiration! And cute clothes, where do you shop??
  • xiamjackie
    xiamjackie Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    You look absolutely fantastic! Amazing! And your dresses are awfully cute too :)
  • loserlee123
    loserlee123 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing, congrats and way to go!
  • CRichards22
    CRichards22 Posts: 120
    Options
    Ah! You are beautiful and amazing! What fantastic progress in 6 months! :drinker:

So happy for you, we sound very alike in that I have never been depressed or super self conscious but looking back to now I'm like what?!!? LOL

Don't know how you aren't in healthy BMI, but 7 pounds if you want it you'll get there but YOU LOOK MARVELOUS!!! Congrats and so glad that's we've become mfp pals!

Hugs! :smile:
  • tabik30
    tabik30 Posts: 443
    Options
    Oh my! You look amazing!
  • Babygirl928
    Babygirl928 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    you are very beautiful in your before and after pics. Amazing job and awesome dedication. Truly inspirational. Congratulations on all your hard work :happy: :drinker:
  • Ianhazemom
    Ianhazemom Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Wow...you are beautiful! Be proud of your dedication.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!