Feeling Defeated.. (pics)

Options

Replies

• nashbear
    nashbear Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I think you need to drop the "I want to weigh 125 pounds" Don't concentrate on the number. For one thing it may not be realistic. From what I can see it does not seem like you have that much more fat to lose. I do suggest lifting to build some muscle so that you are not skinny fat. But be aware that if you lift you are going to gain muscle. so the scale is not going to go down. but the inches will go down. I also suggest New Rules of Lifting for Women.
  • emilynicole02
    emilynicole02 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Well I would love to have what you have even in the first pic! Your have made great progress!!! It's because you look at yourself everyday so don't see anything. I definitely see a difference your stomach muscles are pulling in tighter together and thighs are becoming more trimmed. Unless you want to be really muscly I would say you have reached perfection! You can't lose weight and tone up at the same tome, muscle is heavy, it makes you weigh more once you have burnt your excess fat. You are just making muscle now so the weight gain is super goooood! Don't be disheartened! Your relationship with the scale is officially over, in a good way!

this! :)
  • misssbluiz
    misssbluiz Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I thought the same thing...someone needs attention......but then I thought more....people in he op's shape can have body issues just like those of us that would love to have her body. We all have things we are not happy with on our body. Who are we to judge her for looking the way we would kill to look and not being happy about it???

Thank you! The last thing that i wanted is to "show off". I felt really down this morning and just wanted to share how i feel and get some support. People saying that i am just "parading" my figure is quite offensive to me. If you were 200 lbs and dropped to 135 then is different than if you have been in the 140s for most of your adulthood and drop a few lbs. I want to feel happy with my body for once in my life and i don't right now.
  • CarmenSRT
    CarmenSRT Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    I want to feel happy with my body for once in my life and i don't right now.

Losing more weight isn't going to fix that. That's head work. The reality is I'd cheerfully kick an old lady to be even 25% as wonderful looking as your "Before" picture.
  • zo09
    zo09 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    It appears there are quite a few envious and *****y people responding to this post. Everyone has different body shapes and goals, and just because this girl maybe slimmer than you - even when she began - what gives you the right to say she's posting this for attention. She looks great, she's doing well, but she hasn't reached her goal yet, so she's posted in the correct Message board - MOTIVATION. What motivation have you given her?!?!?!

Tw@ts.

Keep going girl :)
  • elgray26
    elgray26 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    there's def a difference. You are looking more toned. Quit looking at the scale and worrying about it so much. There could be weight fluctuations due to many things.
  • KJoy7
    KJoy7 Posts: 246
    Options
    I think I'm the only one, but to me this post just screams LOOK AT ME! LOOK AT ME! Please. You know you look fab. :yawn:

was JUST thinking the same exact thing. i would tell her what i tell my middle school students..."you don't need to make noise for me to notice that you're there...i see you!"

girl...you know you look good...and now you're getting validation you need.

• glovepuppet
    glovepuppet Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    i think you need to work on your body image more than your body.
  • rob1976
    rob1976 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    Losing more weight isn't going to fix that. That's head work. The reality is I'd cheerfully kick an old lady to be even 25% as wonderful looking as your "Before" picture.
    This.

There is no more physical progress to make. If you lose any more weight, you will look sickly. Now maintain your progress and work on your mental issues.
  • MonicaT1972
    MonicaT1972 Posts: 512
    Options
    I thought the same thing...someone needs attention......but then I thought more....people in he op's shape can have body issues just like those of us that would love to have her body. We all have things we are not happy with on our body. Who are we to judge her for looking the way we would kill to look and not being happy about it???

Thank you! The last thing that i wanted is to "show off". I felt really down this morning and just wanted to share how i feel and get some support. People saying that i am just "parading" my figure is quite offensive to me. If you were 200 lbs and dropped to 135 then is different than if you have been in the 140s for most of your adulthood and drop a few lbs. I want to feel happy with my body for once in my life and i don't right now.

Can you afford to hire a trainer? It really makes a huge difference in how you can change the shape of your body. I started with one in January and he has made the biggest difference in my life and how I feel about my body and how it is changing. If not I recommend googling New Rules of Lifting for Women and working that program for yourself. Doing that and eating clean will give you amazing results. I have a good friend that is small like yourself but not happy with her body at all, she started eating clean and working with a trainer and has dropped the weight she wanted to and is happier with her body. Just know that obviously others see you as looking great and would love to have your body, that in itself should boost how you feel about it :)
  • Goddessmaker1
    Goddessmaker1 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    It's to to get your pain when your body is already perfect. But I can understand the desire to be better. Please don't be defeated. But stay away from the scale and just stay focused on being more awesome.
  • lizdavis07
    lizdavis07 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    I think you look great. I'm the same weight as you right now, and my stomach sure isn't as nice as yours!
  • MonicaT1972
    MonicaT1972 Posts: 512
    Options
    This.

There is no more physical progress to make. If you lose any more weight, you will look sickly. Now maintain your progress and work on your mental issues.

I have to disagree with you on that. She can get into lifting and modify her diet and re-shape her body if that's what she desires. She will most likely go up in weight but if she can get past the numbers and learn to love a shapely muscular body she may find the satisfaction she seeks.
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,688 Member
    Options
    I keep taking pictures that all look the same too, even after a ten pound loss. But the reason they look the same is because I am not building muscle !!!!! I'm just staying the same but getting smaller. There is no way to fix this except lifting:)
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    You're not happy? What about your body, don't you like? You definitely don't need to lose anymore weight. I agree with the suggestion of weight training. Perhaps a little more muscle definition is what you are looking for.

Check out one or all of these:
    -New Rules of Lifting for Women (the nutrition section is great)
    -Starting Strength
    -Strong Lifts 5X5

and join this group.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/10067-eat-train-progress-

I would be thrilled to look like you, but YOU are the one that has to be happy with YOUR body. Whatever you do, do it healthily. Good luck to you.
  • datguy2011
    datguy2011 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    You look great tho, more lifting... :)
  • asamuels85
    asamuels85 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Dont feel defeated!!! The last few lbs and inches take a long time and a lot of hard work to get off. I would agree to LIFT LIFT LIFT.. there's a really good app thats free called JEFIT. You can track progress with pics and measurements and also build a custom routine and use it while you lift with machines or free weights whatever. It even congratulates you when you break a personal record :) Read up first so you get the idea.. a VERY GOOD program is "muscle confusion" just google it :)

PS: DO NOT let these forum bullies get to you. There are gonna be ppl who hate you fat, hate you skinny, hate you for asking how to be either.. lol they have problems, not you.

cute panties :)
  • emilynicole02
    emilynicole02 Posts: 355 Member
    Options

PS: DO NOT let these forum bullies get to you. There are gonna be ppl who hate you fat, hate you skinny, hate you for asking how to be either.. lol they have problems, not you.

yes!
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options

Do you REALLY want to be happy with your body? Or do you want to be happy with the number at your feet when you stand on the scale?

If you REALLY want to be happy with your body, GET RID OF THE ****ING SCALE. I am serious. Throw it out. Nobody who looks like you (in any of your three pictures) should be unhappy with their body in the first place - at least not because of a certain number on a damn scale!

If you are truly unhappy with how you look, then you have two options:

1) get chubby/chunky/obese by overeating.
    2) get more fit by lifting weights.

THAT IS IT. Those are your choices.

Throw out your scale, or donate it to someone who wants one. You really do not need it. Just focus on fitness. Or overeating, if you choose option 1.
  • dontgobacktosleep
    dontgobacktosleep Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Ya please tag this NSFW, just had all my male coworkers wanting to know what the heck I'm up to over here...