Newbie! Need Encouragement!

Options
Hey y'all! I am recently engaged, and reached my heaviest weight EVER recently. Needless to say, I am MISERABLE with how I look. But each day is a new day and a fresh start. I am 210 as of today, and my goal weight is 145. I am hoping to lose at least 30 pounds by May of 2014 and the remaining 35 by April of 2015.

Replies

• nczuczu
    nczuczu Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    With hard work and dedication to tracking your food and exercise, you should easily reach your goals. Slow and steady is the name of the game...
  • 21Jenny21
    21Jenny21 Posts: 53
    Options
    Congrats on the engagement..! Very realistic goals.. Good luck :)
  • TracyMariefit
    TracyMariefit Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm new too! I know exactly how you feel about your body.....Good luck to you, hopefully it gets easier as we go lol!
  • HellyJoJo
    HellyJoJo Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    I'm new too and am the same weight with a similar end goal in sight. Feel free to add me as a friend and we can maybe help one another?

x
    Congrats on your engagement!
  • casisk11
    casisk11 Posts: 8
    Options
    Wow, thanks guys!

I am very excited about really putting a new foot forward.
  • RemiLynn79
    RemiLynn79 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hello! Congratulations on your engagement and your weight loss goals!

Good luck to you!
  • fatfriendonadiet
    fatfriendonadiet Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hi there! First of all, congratulations on your engagement!

I think your goal is manageable enough. I also hope to be down thirty by the end of May. Feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like to cheer each other on!

Are you just dieting or are you planning to exercise, too?
  • JenniBaby85
    JenniBaby85 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your engagement, and the beginning of your new life in more than one way. Feel free to add me. Best wishes to you!
  • casisk11
    casisk11 Posts: 8
    Options
    Thanks y'all.

I'm dieting and exercising, although I can't say how well the dieting is going to go. The first thing I did was cut out sodas.
  • SueALusk
    SueALusk Posts: 2
    Options
    I am also a newbie! You sound like a fun girl. Positive steps in the right direction that's what I am thinking. I will be going off to be an instructor at camp this summer so I would like to get the jiggle fat off before I get there in late June. A friend has also said she would run with me this summer. I better get started or running won't be an option for me.
  • lieselotte2
    lieselotte2 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I also have to lose 50 lbs. Since March 1st (when I had my Angiocath) I have lost 21 lbs. I do Water Arobics 5 days a week for 1 hr., and work out every day from 9 pm - 10 pm. I do both at the YMCA. Also, I have three "Taste of Home Comfort Diet Cookbook"s - and I cook everything out of them and they are my best friends. You can get them on Amazon for about $8.00/piece. It is fantastic. I also stick to my portion size, eat breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner, and am on a 1,200 calorie, 1.200 mg sodium live style change. In addition, I do not do any fast food and try to stay away from processed food.

Good luck, and I hope the above helps.
  • sue31didit
    Options
    You can do this, just keep in control