Today at the gym..

Options
I walk in and the dude at the counter, one of which I see about 2x a week, says "Looks like someone has lost more weight!". He then goes into detail saying:
"Hey man, don't wanna to be a jerk or anything..but a few months ago your stomach was out to here, then it went down to here and now it's here..you're doing a great job man!" (he was imitating using his hands and stomach, haha)
I thought it was pretty cool that he told me this, it really motivated me even more!

Replies

• VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    Thats awesome! Plus it will motivate you to keep going cause you know that he'll recognize you, keep up the great work!

~Leash :heart:
  • maryann73
    maryann73 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    That's an awesome compliment! Keep up the good work!
  • thisemmabites
    Options
    Yes! Congrats!
  • skygoddess86
    skygoddess86 Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    That's pretty cool, dude. :laugh:
  • dietsarethedeathofme
    Options
    That's awesome. I bet it felt great!!!
  • gorefan82
    gorefan82 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Thanks friends! It was a good feeling to have someone whom I don't really know notice it. :)
  • selbyhutch
    selbyhutch Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    haha... only guys would have that kind of conversation. Us women are too sensitive!
  • schnarfo
    schnarfo Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!
  • david1956
    david1956 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    That is really cool. And those observations are often way more accurate than our own. I think it is quite common to obssess a bit with what we see as our own weaknesses. Recently my trainer remarked, "Between you and me a lot of people around here are commenting on what you're achieving." I kind of "Huh!?" I hadn't told him but I was actually a bit irritated and frustrated that day.

So that dude is probably seeing a very accurate picture that you may not be able to see for yourself. Way to go, pleased for you!
  • KiriKiriKiri
    KiriKiriKiri Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    That is BEYOND awesome!!! Congrats and keep up the great work!
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    I know as a girl, I'd be a little offended and embarrassed if somebody imitated my fatness with their hands! Lol. But, that's so great. :) Good job.
  • _SpeshK_
    _SpeshK_ Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I LOVE that! Because you and your family/closest friends see you every day, but someone who doesn't see you all the time can really see your progress! Congratulations and keep up the hard work!!!
  • JoyElizabeth
    JoyElizabeth Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    What a huge milestone for you - congratulations that you've come so far that even Others are noticing the difference! Well done, and keep up the great work.

Kind Regards,

Joy.
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • gorefan82
    gorefan82 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!