54, 5'3" female in UK, 1 stone to lose, need friends!

Options
Hi, if you are similar to me, please be my friend! I need some support to lose my muffin top for good, and to get my BP permanently down from pre-hypertension (131/83 today) to normal. I am 5'3", 9 stone 3lbs today, aiming at just under 8 and a half stone. I have 2 teenagers and I enjoy playing tennis. I try to eat healthily but biscuits & cakes are my downfall! I managed to lose all the weight but it has crept back on over the last year and the BP has crept back up from 120/75. Would love some support from people in a similar position.

Replies

• tamweston
    tamweston Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hello! My name is Tam, and I'm in a similar position: hoping to lose about a stone. Though I know what you mean, those yummy cakes make things hard! If you'd like a friend, and of course some extra support, feel free to add me! Tam :)
  • SvelteGirl
    SvelteGirl Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thank you Tam, I hope that the cakes in China aren't as addictive as they are here!
  • 4bigeasy
    4bigeasy Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm short too, 5'3", and just turned 50. I've slowly added 20 lbs over the last few years and I'm having a hard time being motivated to lose them. I'd like to be friends for mutual motivation. :-) (how much is a stone?)
  • SvelteGirl
    Options
    Hi, a stone is 14 lbs, don't ask me why, but that is how we count over here! I want to deal with the weight NOW, well before it gets out of my control.
  • MightyMe01
    MightyMe01 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi, a stone is 14 lbs, don't ask me why, but that is how we count over here! I want to deal with the weight NOW, well before it gets out of my control.

Does counting "stones" help as opposed to counting the pounds lost? I wonder if people here in America started counting stones instead of pounds that we wouldn't obsess like we do over weight loss.
  • SvelteGirl
    Options
    Interesting question. I think that in general we taik about half stones, e.g. it's very common to hear people say 'I need to lose half a stone', or 'I put on half a stone over Christmas' - so yes I think that we do round up or down at least to the nearest half stone - which makes the odd pound either way less critical.