FitBit issues

Options
Am I just cursed with electronics or does anyone else have problems with their FitBit? I had the One and it would never sync correctly and had to manually sync it almost daily. I ended up losing that one (I think my toddler "relocated" it for me) and started using a Zip in it's place. After using it for maybe a month it stopped syncing to my computer and phone. Then a couple days later died completely. What's the deal?!

Anyone have suggestions for something to use in it's place? Preferably something fairly cheap since I've basically just thrown away $160 on Fit Bit products. It was a huge source of motivation for me when I would log in to MFP and see that "FitBit adjustment" on my exercise tab. Now it's gone and I need that motivation!

Replies

• kcrxgirl
    kcrxgirl Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Any thoughts on the Striiv Play or Mio Active Connect?
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    If it broke, contact them. They will replace it. They might even replace your lost One as a one-time courtesy.
  • melsmith612
    melsmith612 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    This is why I got rid of mine... now everyone stop posting about it until after I get my positive feedback on Ebay! :laugh:
  • loumaag
    loumaag Posts: 118
    Options
    My wife, who I swear is anti-electronic anything (she has trouble with a quartz watch), has yet to cause her FitBit Ultra to fail. She lost one and I was able to replace it and thus far it has not stopped working. I don't know about the One (which replaced the Ultra) or the zip or, well any of the others. We also own an Aria scale and it is chugging along quite nicely. The couple of times I have had a sync problem that was not either FitBit site or MFP site specific, it was fixed by resetting the FitBit (which does not wipe it's memory or settings) according to the instructions at the FB site. So both my wife and I just chug along with our old FB Ultras and wonder when we see any of these types of posts. :smile:

Just wanted to put my $0.02 in. :wink:
  • mjterp
    mjterp Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Love my fitbit. Just recently started syncing wtth my android phone. I LOVE IT. I have heard of many people who contacted customer support and were given a complimentary replacement. My biggest problem is forgetting to plug it in every five days or so...
  • peace_pigeon
    peace_pigeon Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I would contact their support team and ask for help. My experiences with them have been great- they have replaced mine very quickly when I had an issue and are always quick to answer any questions that I have. Hope you get it resolved- it really is a great motivator!