Do you see it?? 22 pounds! How do I not?

Options
I have lost 22 pounds since Jan 2nd. I need some motivation here. I don't see it. Some days I feel it and sometimes I don't. Help!!

download_zpsff1c566f.jpg

Replies

• ComputerHabit
    Options
    How can you NOT see the change. :) I know when you look at yourself it seems like that.

You're cheeks are smaller and rounder.
    Your muffin top is almost gone.
    You have less arm flab.
    Your boobs stick out farther than your tummy. (Sorry if offended)
    You look much much younger.
  • jessicabailey529
    jessicabailey529 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I've always had self image issues. This is exactly why I posted it.

Thanks!!! Def not offended, that's why I ask!
  • ComputerHabit
    Options
    I'm on a year of solid working out. It takes a looong time and the results always seem to be out of reach. I just get pissed at myself and try harder.
  • jessicabailey529
    Options
    Stay positive about it.

Im going on 9 weeks. 22 pounds and i'm starting weight training tomorrow. Can't wait!
  • 1lisalou
    1lisalou Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way sometimes. I can't see what others see on my own body. I can see the change in your body. Your face is slimmer, and the midsection is smaller as well! Good For You!! You will look in the mirror in the next few weeks and say "OMG that's me!!" the waiting does suck but you ARE looking great!
  • flowerchic2323
    flowerchic2323 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. I've lost 30 since Jan 2nd and still can't see a difference, and so far the only thing people have asked me was if I dyed my hair ( which I haven't). Dissapointing
  • Freedomgurl585
    Freedomgurl585 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    What?? How canu not??? Your face looks thinner, your tummy smaller...girl u are rocking it! I'm going to post mines I lost 27 total since january 31st but 21 since joining MFP. Keep it up cuz it's working!
  • llpaq
    llpaq Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    You are me in another body because I'm the same way but I swear I wouldn't tell you no lies- you can FOR SURE tell it's a huge difference you look great!!! You are my total inspiration I have about 10 more to go and I'm certain that won't be enough once I get there but we must get our minds right so we don't lose toooooo tooo much! That's how people get disorders- but you look AWESOME!!!!!! :smile:
  • llpaq
    llpaq Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Oh and look at your shoulders- you can really tell there too....... ! Keep it up!
  • dsendre
    dsendre Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Definitely noticeable - especially in your face/neck and upper arms. Keep at it!

One thing I've noticed is the weight loss/visual results never happen where you want them to happen at first. However, you've dropped 22 lbs! No question your pics show progress - but probably not where your mind WANTS to see progress.

I (and I assume many others as well) want to see progress in my gut/lovehandles/chest. However, so far most of my progress has been on my lower half. If I just look at my gut/lovehandles/chest, I don't feel as though I've made much progress. BUT - I can fit into pants that I haven't worn for ~4 years!

Progress is progress and 22 lbs is AWESOME progress. I assume you've noticed your clothes fitting a bit looser?
  • mommyof3j
    mommyof3j Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    How can you NOT see the change. :) I know when you look at yourself it seems like that.

You have less arm flab.
    ^^ Yup..You look Awesome.
  • jessicabailey529
    Options
    Well that's why I love MFP because I can say "hey, I need some help and encouragement here" and I get it.

Thank you!!!!
  • jessicabailey529
    Options
    I'd be like "yes, yes I did"... then I'd go dye my hair so they stopped asking.

30 is sooo much weight. you have to be able to notice a difference. you should post a before and after.
  • jessicabailey529
    Options
    I love MFP and all of the support that you get from complete strangers. Thanks everyone! I appreciate all of it... every bit.
  • jakidb
    jakidb Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I see it--i think bc you look at yourself everyday, it's hard to notice the "change". I know with me, I had lost almost 50 and the only reason I saw a change was bc my clothes had gotten big and then one day I found a pic and compared it to now and was like, "wow, I guess you have lost weight" LOL
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options

You have less arm flab.

Agreed! I think it's hard for us to see our own loss because we see ourselves every day and it's a gradual change. Keep doing the progress pics and before too long, the difference will be obvious even to you. :smile:

Trying on clothes that used to be just a tidbit too small helps too. I didn't think there was much change after 15 lbs...then today my fiance asked "why do you never wear that sweater?" pointing to one in my closet that I got for Christmas but it was a little too small. I said it didn't fit but decided to try it on again anyway. Well, it fits perfectly now and I'm wearing it today!
  • prokomds
    prokomds Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    It is hard to see the change when you see yourself every day! Have you taken measurements? I would guarantee you've lost inches around your midsection from the first picture to the second. Even if you can't see the results yourself right away, it's hard to argue with a tape measure :)
  • loriepaulin
    loriepaulin Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I definitely see it in your face, neck, upper arms, and midsection...GOOD JOB!!! : ) Keep pushing.
  • ComputerHabit
    Options
    Definitely noticeable - especially in your face/neck and upper arms. Keep at it!

One thing I've noticed is the weight loss/visual results never happen where you want them to happen at first. However, you've dropped 22 lbs! No question your pics show progress - but probably not where your mind WANTS to see progress.

I (and I assume many others as well) want to see progress in my gut/lovehandles/chest. However, so far most of my progress has been on my lower half. If I just look at my gut/lovehandles/chest, I don't feel as though I've made much progress. BUT - I can fit into pants that I haven't worn for ~4 years!

Progress is progress and 22 lbs is AWESOME progress. I assume you've noticed your clothes fitting a bit looser?

I'm right with ya.

Man Boobs aka Moobs: Check
    Flabby Belly: Check
    Second *kitten* on Back: Check

Right now I've lost more weight around my face and neck than anywhere else. With a shirt on I look skinny and hungry. With it off I'm basically fat nipple boy. I can pinch way more than an inch on my extra back flab but. Belly is almost tight though so I'm getting there.

Started at a 36" pant size. I'm in 32's now. My weight hasn't really changed much though. I think when you get close your weight loss itself tapers off but you keep getting skinnier.

Right now I've dropped about 10 lbs in 3 weeks. I'd flopped during Girl Scout Cookie season. (Gotta help the girl scouts right? Besides the boyscouts sell popcorn. LAME.)

I fluctuate alot right now. I do a Keto diet so I know that when I'm fully in Ketosis I drop weight like crazy but I'm not really any thinner. I've tested this. I didn't eat more than 30g of carbs per day for 2 months. Got down to 165lbs from 189. Ate Thanksgiving dinner and a whole lemon pie. Within 24 hours back to 189. I was crazy thirsty and just kept absorbing all that water. After going back to no carbs I went down to 176 in 5 days.
  • taytaylynn3
    taytaylynn3 Posts: 601
    Options
    I noticed your stomach right away.
    And your arms look thinner as well.
    Even though you don't see it, it is there!!