HATE veggies & I don't know how to cook... HELP!

Options
2»

Replies

• wildcatnyc
    wildcatnyc Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    I add spinach and kale to my protein shakes...here are a couple of my favorites:

1 cup almond milk
    1/4 cup frozen blueberries
    1/2 frozen banana
    1/2 cup frozen spinach (or kale)
    vanilla protein
    ice

1 cup almond milk
    1/2 cup frozen spinach (or kale)
    1 tbsp instant coffee
    2 tbsp pb2 (or regular PB)
    chocolate protein
    ice
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    I eat wayyyy too many processed foods. I want to start eating a bit cleaner to get a handle on my sodium and sugar intake, but I really dislike almost all veggies (besides starchy ones like corn and potatoes, of course -_-). I have no problem with fruit, though! I also don't really know how to cook! you think I'd be able to cook almost anything since I'm 22 and basically live alone. but I've stuck to frozen dinners and things that come in cans, jars, bags, and boxes.

does anybody have any suggestions on how to incorporate veggies into my daily diet?
    any super simple recipes I can use frequently?

thanks in advance!

so... you're 22. not surprising you don't like veggies, etc. but guess what? you gotta learn. :tongue:

the easiest thing in the world to do? a stir fry. throw some oil/butter in a pan (coconut oil or animal fat is preferable... though olive oil works in a pinch) and put in your meat till the outsides are all cooked then throw in a bunch of veggies (whatever kind you want) and season with salt/pepper/spices. To make it easier, get a seasoning spice mixture that's got a lot of stuff in it so you don't have to buy all the spices separately.

it's fast, easy, good, and the combinations are endless.
  • jeniferklingerman
    Options
    My dietician recommended that I drink V8 low sodium juice. You get all your veggies with it and it doesn't taste too bad. I absolutely hate veggies too!
  • Querian
    Querian Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Another thing that is soooo easy to do!

If you ever make pasta and sauce for dinner just throw some fresh spinach into the pasta water right before you drain the noodles. Since the spinach wilts down you don't even notice it in there but you are eating greens. :smile: