Looking for paleo support

Runner with a new found paleo love. Looking for friends to share recipes as well as support!

Replies

• CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    feel free to friend me/peruse my diary!

and have you checked out marksdailyapple.com yet? it's pretty amazing. :)
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    I believe there are several paleo groups on here (I know there's at least one). You'll do better in the groups.
  • SnicciFit
    SnicciFit Posts: 967 Member
    You can add me if you'd like!
  • jenn26point2
    jenn26point2 Posts: 429 Member
    Hi! Also a Paleo runner. Add me if you want!
  • lgomez75
    lgomez75 Posts: 115
    Thanks y'all!
  • emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    The best support I can give is to steer you away from diets that tell you that you should deviate from what the best nutrition scientists tell us we should eat in favor of what people who write blogs and quacks looking to sell books say that you should eat. I don't believe that diets that remove an entire food group or groups from your diet are sustainable, desirable or healthy. I'm no expert but I read a lot and that's my two cents.
  • CoachReddy
    The best support I can give is to steer you away from diets that tell you that you should deviate from what the best nutrition scientists tell us we should eat in favor of what people who write blogs and quacks looking to sell books say that you should eat. I don't believe that diets that remove an entire food group or groups from your diet are sustainable, desirable or healthy. I'm no expert but I read a lot and that's my two cents.

that's not what she was asking for. sorry bud.
  • emtjmac

that's not what she was asking for. sorry bud.

Sometimes the best support that you can give is not to tell the person asking for it what they want to hear.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    I'm seeing 8 pages of bickering in the future . . .
  • MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    I'm seeing 8 pages of bickering in the future . . .
    QFT
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/54-primal-paleo-support-group

^Best place on MFP for Paleo, IMO. Got some great people on there.
  • angdpowers
    angdpowers Posts: 311 Member

agreed!! I don't "discourage" ppl from trying something like this -- apparently some love it -- but so many of these fads/diets (ie atkins, etc) provide quick results but soooo hard to maintain ... and depriving ... wow!

And that's coming from someone who's done a lot of these. It worked but didn't last.

This time? (I've only been doing MFP since Jan) but I've lost 22lbs in 70 days eating ALL things -- mostly whole and unprocessed foods -- but I do have everything. Never felt better and actually surprised by both my success AND satisfaction.

Best of luck hun -- just keep your eyes open and listen to your body! :)
  • Alisha_countrymama
    Alisha_countrymama Posts: 821 Member
    oh my.... Paleo, and new to crossfit here...add me if you would like.
  • lgomez75
    I respect everyone's opinion and believe we all have our chosen path towards being the best person we can be.
    I have unfortunately fallen "idiot" to many fads and temporary changes.

I'm lactose intolerant and allergic to shellfish but never thought to eliminate my grain intake. Because of such a positive rxn to my reduction of gluten my dr and I agreed the celiac test is next.

I have been reading Practical Paleo and it made sense to me....less process. More natural foods.
    I haven't had a chance these last five days to workout because I have had the flu but can tell you I love how I feel eating clean.

I have days where ill not pack my foods and I grab what's around me...I don't beat my chest with mia culpa....but I do pay the price digestively.

I finally feel centered: what I put into my body is well thought out...as it should be.
    But I can also appreciate all those around me and their journeys as well.
  • emtjmac
    I respect everyone's opinion and believe we all have our chosen path towards being the best person we can be.

I'm lactose intolerant and allergic to shellfish but never thought to eliminate my grain intake. Because of such a positive rxn to my reduction of gluten my dr and I agreed the celiac test is next.

I have been reading Practical Paleo and it made sense to me....less process. More natural foods.
    I haven't had a chance these last five days to workout because I have had the flu but can tell you I love how I feel eating clean.

I have days where ill not pack my foods and I grab what's around me...I don't beat my chest with mia culpa....but I do pay the price digestively.

I finally feel centered: what I put into my body is well thought out...as it should be.

I think it's great that you have found a way of eating that works for you and by all means, avoid foods that you are sensitive to! Just give your body what it wants if down the road you find that paleo eating isn't making you feel so good anymore. Don't feel like you have to "stick with" something like that. At the end of the day, it's all about feeling good inside ourselves anyway isn't it? The rest is just details!
  • CoachReddy

that's the important thing. do what makes YOU happy, not what makes other people happy. :smile:
  • lgomez75
    Lovin all the support y'all! Especially coming off the flu!
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    The best support I can give is to steer you away from diets that tell you that you should deviate from what the best nutrition scientists tell us we should eat in favor of what people who write blogs and quacks looking to sell books say that you should eat. I don't believe that diets that remove an entire food group or groups from your diet are sustainable, desirable or healthy.

I'm no expert but I read a lot and that's my two cents.

And since Paleo and Primal don't do that, your two cents isn't worth much of anything. I agree on the "no expert" part though.