Finished the Shred...now what??

Options
tntrav44
tntrav44 Posts: 100 Member
So I've been doing the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred 2-3 times a week for about 5 months. She's kind of my low-impact, quick workout on the days when I don't go to the gym, run, or kickbox. I'm getting bored with Level 3 because it's getting relatively easy for me (except for that last circuit of cardio...those jumps kill me!), and I'm wondering what to do next. Some of my friends do P90X and Insanity, but I'd like some recommendations.

So.....what kind of at-home DVD workout do you guys recommend as a follow-up to the 30 Day Shred??

Replies

• caitlin15
    caitlin15 Posts: 28
    Options
    Well, you could always change up the moves just slightly in the Shred so your body has something new but at the same time you still have a quick workout for the lazy days. Also, I haven't tried her other DVDs but I've heard they're pretty good.

Good luck! :D
  • tntrav44
    tntrav44 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Not a bad idea! I have the Burn Fat, Boost Metabolism video, but I already incorporate it into my weekly workouts once a week.
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options
    I'm using Jillian's No More Trouble Zones as a follow up to the shred right now. It's killing me but I've toned up a lot since starting it.
  • bloemks
    bloemks Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I started with the Shred, then moved on to her other DVDs, and then when those started getting relatively easy, I ordered Insanity! I am currently in the second month of Insanity and I LOVE it! I think the Jillian DVDs got me ready for Insanity, but it's definitely a MUCH harder workout than Jillian's. Insanity is lots and lots of cardio with Plyo moves and using your own body weight to tone up. I started with it (as opposed to P90x) because I didn't want to have to buy extra equipment (heavier weights and pull-up bar) the P90X uses. I am still considering doing P90X when I get finished with this Insanity round - just to incorporate some weight training now...but will still have to see if I can find some inexpensive weights! Anyway - hope this helps!
  • happy_jax
    happy_jax Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know where you can get 'No More Trouble Zones' in Region 2 DVD??

I have been looking everywhere for this but it only seems to be available in Region 1 which is no good as it won't play!!

I still have a week left of 'The Shred' but will also be looking for a new challenge after 'graduating' that! :happy:
  • Sassafuzzy
    Options
    Definitely try No More Trouble Zones. :)
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know where you can get 'No More Trouble Zones' in Region 2 DVD??

I have been looking everywhere for this but it only seems to be available in Region 1 which is no good as it won't play!!

I still have a week left of 'The Shred' but will also be looking for a new challenge after 'graduating' that! :happy:
    If you can't find it in store, try amazon.com. They should sell region 2 I would think.
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    If you're still looking for something quick (but BRUTAL), check out some of the free workout videos on http://bodyrock.tv. They are constantly being updated, so you won't get bored. Most of them use minimal equipment. They are really tough, but usually around 20 minutes, so the pain is over quickly. These videos absolutely changed the way I think about working out in my home.
  • littletiger972000
    Options
    Bump
  • nicolina823
    nicolina823 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I finished the Shred and loved it! Now I've moved onto ChaLean Extreme and love that even more. You do enough cardio to work with this. Cardio is the only thing I find I miss out on.