Stuck with 20lbs to lose.....

Options
I have been working out regularly for about 4 years now. I lost 50lbs within the first year that I started to change my ways. Over the last 3 years I have struggled going a little up and not so much down on the scale. I have about 20-25lbs left to lose to be at a healthy weight. I usually get so frustrated that I don't see results right away and wind up blowing it. I have done pretty well since the last week of January. I took a short vacation 3 weeks ago that resulted in a weight gain of 3lbs (which is what I had lost). So I have lost that and I am now where I was prior to the holidays, finally. I have went back and forth and can't seem to get these last 20lbs off. Its so frustrating!! I teach Zumba 2x a week and usually do the eliptical 3x a week with also 3x a week of weight training. I have noticied a little bit of difference. I just didn't have to do near the work when losing the 50lbs that I am doing now. I eat between 1200-1500 calories a day, usually closer to the 1200. Any advice to push through these plateau's?? thanks

Replies

• BflSaberfan
    BflSaberfan Posts: 1,272
    Options
    I have been working out regularly for about 4 years now. I lost 50lbs within the first year that I started to change my ways. Over the last 3 years I have struggled going a little up and not so much down on the scale. I have about 20-25lbs left to lose to be at a healthy weight. I usually get so frustrated that I don't see results right away and wind up blowing it. I have done pretty well since the last week of January. I took a short vacation 3 weeks ago that resulted in a weight gain of 3lbs (which is what I had lost). So I have lost that and I am now where I was prior to the holidays, finally. I have went back and forth and can't seem to get these last 20lbs off. Its so frustrating!! I teach Zumba 2x a week and usually do the eliptical 3x a week with also 3x a week of weight training. I have noticied a little bit of difference. I just didn't have to do near the work when losing the 50lbs that I am doing now. I eat between 1200-1500 calories a day, usually closer to the 1200. Any advice to push through these plateau's?? thanks

You exercise quite a bit to only be eating 1200-1500 calories a day. check out http://iifym.com/calculators/
  • ashmike12
    ashmike12 Posts: 23
    Options
    So I went to your recommeded site, it says to lose weight I should eat 1900 calories? That seems like quite a few to me. I calculated my calories by taking my weight, 160 X 12, and I read that is what I needed to maintain. Im confused now lol:happy:
  • Craigamears
    Craigamears Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    160 x 12 is probably what your BMR is and not your TDEE. The IFYM site figures fat loss of about 700 cals per day. Your TDEE based upon the activity level you selected is probably 2600 or so. Check the figures and what you are selecting.