Any moms that started in their 30's out there?

Options
2»

Replies

• michellevine1
    michellevine1 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I had my kids in my 30's. Just worked out that way! Enjoy the time right now your man.
  • banstett
    banstett Posts: 95
    Options
    I don't plan on waiting until I'm in my 30's but probably later 20's. I have donated my eggs 2 times to 2 couples and am going to do it a 3rd time starting this month. There are so many people trying to conceive in their mid to late 30's that have a difficult time trying to have a baby. I wish the best of luck to you all! :)
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    My mother had me when she was 38. She had had a few miscarriages and didn't think she was going to be able to carry me to term. I think it's made them better parents in a sense that they already had done what they wanted with their lives and then I came along.
    The hardest aspect of this is that they're in their early 80's and I'm only 36, and I worry about them so much.
    I tried to wait a while before I had my son but I held out till I was 25. In my town, that's considered "old". I live in a ghetto city.
  • nroisland
    nroisland Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I was 29 when I had my first (October 09) and turned 30 in December of 09. Then got pregnant with my second 15 months later and had him at 31. It did take about a year to concieve my first and 1 try for my second lol.
    I've started to notice a lot more women are starting at an older age and personally I love it (even though now that I am in my 30's I do not think of myself as "older"). If you have any questions feel free to ask :).
  • dhakiyya
    dhakiyya Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    had my first at 30 and my second at 34

I had 2 c-sections but given what's wrong with me that caused me to need them, it would have still happened if I had them at 20 and 24. there is a higher risk of complications if you have your babies later, but anyone can get complications. I'd recommend younger women to start having babies sooner rather than later, because there is a risk that some women will become less fertile as they get older and younger women have fewer complications and more energy (on the whole), but if you're already older and your life just didn't pan out that way, then it's really nothing to stress about too much. Also some of the decline in health as you get older is due to eating rubbish and not exercising. However old you are you can make your body "younger" by living a healthier lifestyle, and even some people in their 60s and 70s have transformed their bodies and reversed age related problems. I'm sure the same would apply to motherhood too, as your reproductive organs are still organs in your body. Good nutrition and a generally healthy lifestyle will reduce the risk of pregnancy complications and boost fertility. The ideal body fat % range for fertility is around 20-25% for women in their 30s if I recall correctly.
  • MzRealMaFigz
    Options
    I'm glad to read everyone's posts....i'm 29 and still don't have any kids; but my husband has wanted kids for quite some time now. I've been over weight my whole life, and only now at 29 I am the thinnest I've EVER been...and I want to enjoy it! Is that selfish?! I
    m FINALLY growing to love myself....and I don't want it to end so soon! It literally just started for me. It seems as though everyone around me keeps asking "when are you gonna pop one out??". I feel it's no one's business, and frankly am getting so tired of being asked why I am waiting because I'm getting "too old". TOO OLD!? Really?! Since when is 29 old?? I'm SO happy to see that some of you had kids in your mid-30's. It leaves hope. Yeah yeah... I know i might be an old grandparent or whatnot...but if I'm going to give up my life for the life of a child, I need to be totally ready for it. A child deserves nothing less!

Plus, I think it helps that the majority of my close friends around my age don't have kids yet either. If I'm going to be this 'old' parent at the school functions, or this 'ancient grandparent', at least I am not going to do it alone!

p.s. Is anyone terrified of having teenagers?? LOL I know....random question; but apparently I think far into the future. :)
  • ackeebee
    ackeebee Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    Very interesting read! I guess I will fall in the "older mom" category as I am 33 with no kids.
  • celtbell3
    celtbell3 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Had my first at 31 and my second at 33 - it's been great. So glad I waited. Even though I'm an 'older' mom at the girls school - most of their friends moms are my friends and so my kids don't feel awkward.