howdy

Options
terrydba
terrydba Posts: 14 Member
I'm a partner in a small interactive agency. I basically type and draw on whiteboards for a living, as far as physical involvement is concerned. Been married 21 years, have two boys 16 and 20. We have always eaten healthy - mostly organic, maybe 70% vegetarian. I just enjoy my food and my metabolism doesn't so much any more. My phase 1 goal is about 38 lbs; phase 2 will be another 20 after that.

I'm not training to run any races. I'm not trying to build a bunch of muscles. I have no interest in viewing this journey as a contest, or really as anything to show off at all. I just want to be lighter, fitter, healthier.

MFP has been fantastic for me. I've been able to start a slow weight loss that I feel I can sustain. The social aspect -- social, not competitive - has also been very helpful. My experience has been that it's easier to find women pals with similar attitudes, and they're great - I really enjoy knowing y'all. But a quick, casual glance at my pals list is starting to look a little creepy.

Any other guys out there with similar circumstances and attitude?

Replies

• pep0973
    pep0973 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Ok this made me chuckle. I agree with your goals: lighter, fitter, healthier. I have younger kids and I'm not big into vegetarian.

I've been a member here for a long while and I'm just getting into the social aspect. Feel free to add me!