Foundational strength training suggestion...

Options
I had posted this earlier under a fairly provacative title, and one of the responders recommended that I repost with one that was less distracting. As I think it's pretty important information for beginners to have, it sounded like a good idea. So hopefully if you read it under the previous thread, you won't hold it against me for taking up still more of your time.

As a relative beginner to weight lifting I have read TONS of material from different sources. I keep running across one thing that I think anybody who is thinking about adding strength/resistance training to their health and fitness routines should consider, namely the importance of compound lifts.

Below is a pretty decent post that outlines the importance of big four (bench, deadlift, squats, and military press) and a couple of others, as well as linking to some videos demonstrating form. There are subtle differences that you'll run across with regards to the nuance of form, but if you take your time and do your homework, you'll work out all the subtle imperfections in your lifts. Stay safe, lift hard!

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=118920551&page=1

tumblr_mgqe8okeYQ1s29wmxo1_500.jpg
[/quote]

Replies