Today makes 1 month i have been on MFP

Options
So today makes one month that i have been on MFP. i have to say that i really love this site and everything about it, everybody is so encouraging, at times more than my own family. The first week i lost 4lbs and i thought that every week was going to be like that but the third week i only lost 1.4lbs and the 4th week i lost one pound (which is good considering i went on vacation). So i have lost a total of 9lbs, i thought it would have came on faster. What was everyone's else's weight loss the first month?

Replies

• emmaj35
    emmaj35 Posts: 26
    Options
    Thats an excellent loss and you should be very proud of yourself. I have lost a couple of pounds a week but this week I dont think there will be any change as my weekend was not so good but I want to be slimmer so I have to keep going and so today is another day
  • LoveMy4Kids
    LoveMy4Kids Posts: 231
    Options
    Yesterday was my one month since I started here on MFP and I am down 24lbs, but it came off very quick the first two weeks and has slowed way down now! I am ok with that though, as long as I keep on losing, lol. Good for you for taking off 9lbs that is great!
  • EKarma
    EKarma Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Good girl! Are you addicted yet?? I celebrate my one year anniversary next month.. Probably just gonna celebrate with some steamed veggies and fish LOL JK!.. Yes.. I'm addicted, but I admitted this a loooong time ago.. There's no going back.. It seems like I was about 15 lbs lighter my first month.. I went crazy tho.. I was putting red wine vinegar on everything.. I've calmed down a lot because I lost 30 and got stuck because I wasn't eating enough calories..
  • blackchick85
    Options
    Yesterday was my one month since I started here on MFP and I am down 24lbs, but it came off very quick the first two weeks and has slowed way down now! I am ok with that though, as long as I keep on losing, lol. Good for you for taking off 9lbs that is great!

Wow 24lbs that is awesome!!! Keep up the good work!
  • blackchick85
    Options
    Good girl! Are you addicted yet?? I celebrate my one year anniversary next month.. Probably just gonna celebrate with some steamed veggies and fish LOL JK!.. Yes.. I'm addicted, but I admitted this a loooong time ago.. There's no going back.. It seems like I was about 15 lbs lighter my first month.. I went crazy tho.. I was putting red wine vinegar on everything.. I've calmed down a lot because I lost 30 and got stuck because I wasn't eating enough calories..

I am so addicted, i would have made my 30 day log in today except i went out of town over the weekend and didnt get to log in, but thats ok, i know where i have came from and i refuse to go back to those days. i have accomplish ed so much in these past 30 days, i can walk 3 miles and not get tires, i'm up to running half a lap when i couldnt even run 5 seconds before, i feel healthier and for all those reasons i refuse to give up because of 2 small weeks, this is the first time i have EVER tried to lose weight so i'm gonna take my 9lbs, smile and workout even harder this next month.
  • SimonLondon
    SimonLondon Posts: 350
    Options
    For many people a lot of the initial loss is water weight. I too lost a lot of weight initially but it just got slower and slower and slower as my body fought even harder to keep it on.

Next time you go shopping you look at what 9lb of sugar or flour looks like. You LOST that amount !so while the numbers sound small when you actually see it you'll be much prouder of just what you've done!
  • cobygrey
    cobygrey Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    For many people a lot of the initial loss is water weight. I too lost a lot of weight initially but it just got slower and slower and slower as my body fought even harder to keep it on.

Next time you go shopping you look at what 9lb of sugar or flour looks like. You LOST that amount !so while the numbers sound small when you actually see it you'll be much prouder of just what you've done!

I agree!!! 9 pounds is a LOT. You have to appreciate every single win no matter how small you think it is!
    I lost 4 lbs the first week then it snail to 1 pound for the 2nd and 3rd then the 4 week jumped to 3 pounds.

I've lost a total of 12 lbs with MFP. ]

Stay with it! and Congrats on 9lbs!
  • Samantharose8akaDebbie
    Samantharose8akaDebbie Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    30 lbs down since February! Yay for all of us.......................keep plugging away and love yourself:)
  • bbblue92
    bbblue92 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    9 lbs is awesome! I lost 13 probably in a month and a half or so and it's way better to loose in smaller numbers! Keep up the good work!
  • Paul76
    Paul76 Posts: 158
    Options
    That's excellent! I too have lost 9 in the first month. Since I set my goal at 1.5 pounds per week, I actually exceeded my goal in the first month.

Slow and steady will win out, even though it's hard to be patient. You didn't gain overnight and you won't lose overnight. Stick with your long term changes and the results will come.
  • justahorsen
    justahorsen Posts: 234
    Options
    I have lost about 12 in about 6 weeks, but I don't think of it as a "diet".... It is a lifestyle change...and one for the better I might add!! LOL
  • blackchick85
    Options
    I have lost about 12 in about 6 weeks, but I don't think of it as a "diet".... It is a lifestyle change...and one for the better I might add!! LOL

I totally agree....everytime someone ask what kind of diet i am on, i say im not on a diet, its a lifestyle change. I can honestly say its a lifestyle change because doing this has changed many things in my life, i am closer to God than i ever have been, i have started dating again...i just feel alot better about myself