Jillian Michaels "Ripped in 30" and "Killer buns and thighs"

Options
I just bought these 2 DVDs last week and am anxious to get them started. I tried the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred and loved it. I was wondering if anyone has completed, started or at least tried the Ripped in 30 or the Killer buns and thighs. Did you like it? What were the pros and cons? Would you recommend it? Did you notice a difference by the time you were done? THANKS!

Replies

• spickard34
    spickard34 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I have done both I prefered Ripped in 30 because it was a great overall workout. I noticed I was slimmer by the end of it. Good Luckk
  • AprilEC
    AprilEC Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Do you recall if you lost pounds or inches? or both?!
  • FutureSkinnyMama03
    FutureSkinnyMama03 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I've done shred & ripped in 30 and definitely liked the 30 day shred the best. Plus, I saw much better results with it. I usually lose 6-8 lbs in a 30 day round of shred and a large amount of inches. Ripped in 30 wasn't bad for me but I wasn't nearly as motivated with it for some reason. Shred will start to get a little boring by day 7 or 8 on each level but I still stay pretty motivated with the dvd it seems like. No matter which one you decide to go with, as long as you stay motivated & consistent, you should see some great results! I do highly suggest taking measurements before you begin so that if the scale doesn't move much at first, recheck your measurements to see if you're losing inches.
  • ajhugz
    ajhugz Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    I'm currently doing ripped in 30 and its harder than 30 day shred but I like it. I didn't complete killer buns and thighs because a friend of mine begged me for it and I gave in lol but its a great booty workout. I'm going to start it again after this round of ripped in 30. It takes a couple weeks for me to notice results but in the end I have results I'm happy with.
  • RobynC79
    RobynC79 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I am on week 3 of Ripped in 30 now - I think it's tougher than 30 day shred in the strength sections but easier on the cardio. I can see visible improvements but unlike 30DS I haven't lost any pounds. I am not having nearly as many issues with knee and ankle pain in RI30, but that might be because I already know I need to modify various moves.

I haven't tried Killer Buns and Thighs, although I might do it at some point. I like her workouts so far.
  • Zimabob
    Zimabob Posts: 8
    Options
    Killer buns and thighs is great for...your buns and thighs! I think it's also a great overall workout, as we all know Jillian likes to get our heart rate up and do full body moves as well. I liked level 2 the best out of the 3 levels. Also, you get to work out with Natalie and Anita again from the 30 Day Shred! I think I'll revisit this one again, as I have not done the workouts very much, and it's just kind of sitting in my DvD booklet.

Ripped in 30 was one of my favorite DvDs ever. It got me into absolutely amazing shape in a month's time (not that I was that fat to begin with, but I got sculpted and toned all over). It's very similar to 30 Day Shred, but instead of 2 moves during the 3 minutes of strength, there are 3 moves. The key is to do each level 6 days a week for a week. I've seen people say that they only do it every other day...that is NOT how it works! I'd go back to doing it again, but I have done it so much in the past that I've gotten sick of it :(

Anyway, good luck and have fun :)
  • michellelemorgan
    michellelemorgan Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I LOVE killer buns and thighs. It's soo hard though. I still can't manage to get through level 2 but I'm going to try again tomorrow. I haven't started ripped in 30 yet but I liked 30 day shred.
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    I really like KB&T. Great workout

RI30 is also good, I am only on week 2. Harder than 30DS for sure
  • KristaHuyer
    Options
    I am doing Ri30 right now and am on week 3 and LOVE it. It is a great 25 minute workout that pushes you past some comfort zones, and makes you HURT. I haven't lost anyyy weight or inches anywhere, but thats for health reasons, not from ripped in 30. I definitly am stronger from doing it. I have heard lots of back and forth on ripped in 30 and 30 day shred, but know for sure that RI30 is way harder. Good luck!